Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED by IB] Include an FEX in an MRE reporting object .

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED by IB] Include an FEX in an MRE reporting object .
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

Is there any way that we can include a parameter screen which is developed in FEX (-HTMLFORM BEGIN) to filter as the WHERE clause of a reporting object (MRE)?

Background.
---------------
I have an MRE fex file (OLAP enabled) which access a huge table , will take a lot of time to execute all the records and then only the OLAP filters appear (known issue in reporting object). This will cause 2 times database hit as, one for showing all the records in the screen load and next is after the OLAP filter is set and execute. Users prefer to have the OLAP filters alone to come first and upon filling the filter WHERE clause value the actual report should run.

Now I am thinking , if we can include (-INCLUDE)another FEX (created by HTML designer) to get the user input from the parameter screen to limit the records based on the selection, first-time itself.When I tried the -INCLUDE I am getting an error in a white background saying "UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURED".I tried to add this INCLUDE in "Other" object and also in the "Report" object but both were futile.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Johney

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Version 7.6.11
Webfocus installed in AIX 5.3,
desktop PC: Windows-XP based
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi johney,

Has this issue been resolved on your side? If not, the recommendation would be to start SEARCH on -INCLUDE on Focal Point and you should a list of options to try. Here are a few to start with:

4 Options...one submit.
Include a non-MRE fex in an MRE fex?

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi johney,

An additional note: Product wasn’t really built for what you are asking for.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Johney,

Your needs seem to match those of a report I developed some time ago that was prepared from a huge number (millions) of records, of which the users wanted to see less than a hundred, but their selection criteria, while within ranges of values, were never exactly the same for each retrieval.

Before I take the time to describe how my solution works, or you spend your time reading my words, let me know how my specifications, then, match yours, today.

Chris

WIN/2K running WF 7.6.4
Development via DevStudio 7.6.4, MRE, TextEditor.
Data is Oracle, MS-SQL.

Posts: 154 | Location: NY | Registered: October 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris,

I was on a vacation last 3 weeks and joined back for duties today only.Can you please brief about the solution you have.

Thanks and regards,
Johney Joseph

Version 7.6.11
Webfocus installed in AIX 5.3,
desktop PC: Windows-XP based
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF