Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     HTMLFORMTYPE AND 'TITLETEXT'

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HTMLFORMTYPE AND 'TITLETEXT'
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have to create a workbook with five tabs, one for each region, which is not hard to do, but at the same time I have to turn my column headings vertical. I'm using the htmlformtype logic, but the 'titletext=value' in the stylesheet is not recognized in html. I've searched the forum and did not find anything on using these two items in conjunction with one another. Has anybody else had to do this, and if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks.

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 149 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: June 08, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
HI linus,

May be if I understood your question correctly here is the solution I have, Even I got same problem in order to rename the sheettab of the excel output when we go with SET HTMLFORMTYPE = XLS. I searched in forums but I did not get any solution

So, only if you use the EXL2K format obviously you will get the title text of the tab. Here is a high level idea which I suppose to say TO u

TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE 
PRINT FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME
ON TABLE HOLD AS RPT FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,TITLETEXT='XYZ',$
END

SET HTMLFORMTYPE = XLS

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

<HTML>

<BODY>
!IBI.FIL.RPT;
</BODY>

</HTML>

-HTMLFORM END

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
Output: Excel,PDF

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll give this a shot.

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This doesn't solve my problem. I need the column titles to be rotated which requires html format, but the titletext on the tab is only for excel format. Thanks for the suggestion though.

WF 7.7.05
HTML, Excel, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
linus,

Regarding rotating the column headings vertical in Excel output, there is a posting on this site from December 8, 2005 entitled "Set Vertical Position for Column Titiles in PDF and EXCEL". Once of the responses to that posting from Francis Mariani describes a technique for doing so using embedded CSS with HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS. You may find your solution there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Satchell,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I can get my column titles rotated, but I can't combine rotating my column title and displaying titletext on the worksheet tabs. I asked NY and they confirmed my assumption that combining these two is not possible.

WF 7.7.05
HTML, Excel, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
linus, I've tinkered with this and have found no solution. One possible method is to use Excel Templates. Since you have multiple tabs, you would need one set of tabs where the styling is done and where references are made to another set of tabs filled by WebFOCUS. People seem to use VB with Excel, so you could perhaps hide the "data" tabs using VB.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response Francis. I can't use templates because my requirement is for the process to run batch and be distributed via email (javamail); templates must be run via a web interface. Templates would resolve my issue of combining the two (rotated columns and titletext on the tabs). I've done this before, but your output has to be "on table pchold". Thanks again for taking the time to help.

WF 7.7.05
HTML, Excel, PDF