Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTTP Status 404 - /cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/webapi.dll

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTTP Status 404 - /cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/webapi.dll
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,

I just started using the 'Maintain' environment and was stopped by an error while trying to 'deploy and run'.

"HTTP Status 404 - /cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/webapi.dll"

I searched in the forum and found a topic as

http://forums.informationbuild...541009751#8541009751

I tried to create a new path as per the steps given below.

1) File - Show Environments
2) Selected the Server as localhost and clicked Properties
3) Clicked on WebFOCUS Client of localhost and tried to change the Client Path to
/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/ibiweb.exe (webapi.dll)
4) Click OK

Got following errors,
"Cannot access WebFOCUS Client
/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/ibiweb.exe"

I searched the file webapi.dll in my local and found this available in C:\ibi\DevStudio71\srv71\wfs\web\cgi.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Johney Joseph.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Version 7.6.11
Webfocus installed in AIX 5.3,
desktop PC: Windows-XP based
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Johney,

Did you check the existence of the aliases cgi-bin and cgi-bin/ibi_cgi on the webserver?
If they are there, what's the type and version of the webserver?

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi GamP,

I could not find cgi-bin/ibi_cgi in my local machine (Local OS is Windows XP). My local web server is Apache Tomcat 5 which is working when I try http://localhost:8080 (I am getting the Tomcat server home page). The folders C:\j2re1.4.2_06 and C:\j2sdk1.4.2_06 are available. If I need to create the folders cgi-bin/ibi as you specified, where do I create?

Thanks and Regards,
Johney Joseph.

Version 7.6.11

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes, you defenitely need these two aliases.
The cgi-bin is the first alias, the ibi_cgi is to be created below that first alias.
I think you can do this through tomcat's admin page. And then instruct tomcat to run the exe or dll inside it's own environemnt, I don't know exactly how to do that. But there is a vast tomcat archive available on the web where the solution to this this must be present.

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
johney,

If you are using Tomcat, are you using ibi_apps/WFServlet, rather then ibi_cgi/ibiwed.exe ?

My Tomcat 'virtual' directories are defined in .xml files in 'C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\conf\Catalina\localhost', with approot.xml, ibi_apps.xml, and ibi_html.xml, among others.

I believe mine were setup during the install process, as I have yet to see a GUI interface to Tomcat stuff.

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server

Posts: 165 | Location: Detroit Metro | Registered: September 17, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that WFServlet was the way to go.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Agreed, servlet is the way to go, but there may still be reasons to keep on using the old cgi technology, if only for compatibility issues. And if you need to use cgi (or webapi for that matter), you'll have to have them identified to the webserver by means of the aliases.
And I seem to recall that interfacing with tomcat using the cgi is a rather cumbersome process to set up, which is probably why I never put in the trouble to try it. Problem is that tomcat is not really a full blown webserver, but was actually meant to be no more than a container for web applications (ie, in our case, WFServlet). If yoy really need the cgi, I'd advise to go through IIS. This is a lot easier to set up using the cgi, since IIS is a real full blown webserver. And IIS is quite easy to install and use on the windows xp machine you're using with DevStudio.

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Ayers:
If you are using Tomcat, are you using ibi_apps/WFServlet, rather then ibi_cgi/ibiwed.exe ?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the point here.

Does it mean that,If I give "ibi_apps/WFServlet" as webfocus client path in the localhost environment, my maintain application will work without using cgi ?

My idea is that , I need to create maintain apps with the help of tomcat web server. Could you please tell me what all are the changes I need to do?

Thanks and Regards,
Johney Joseph.

Version 7.6.11

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Johney,

Maintains can be accessed using the servlet method if and only if the release of webfocus is 714 or higher.
714 is the first release that supported maintain thropugh servlets, but in some cases it was just a bit flaky still.
I'd advise to run maintains using the servlet in release 76 or up. Before that, use cgi.
But then you get the problem of integrating cgi with tomcat....

GamP

in Focus since 1988