Focal Point
need to set connection_limit for a specific report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9371008772

March 26, 2008, 10:25 AM
<Arun>
need to set connection_limit for a specific report
Hi,

As we all know , if we give the connection limit in edaserve.cfg , this limit will be applicable to all requests. But is it possible to set this limit to a specific request, say in the fex coding ( in addition connection limit that we maintain the edaserve.cfg file ,which will be applicable to all other requests) ?

Appreciate ur responses!!

Thanks,
Arunvijay
March 26, 2008, 10:37 AM
GinnyJakes
You could try to create another service on your reporting server and set the number of connections for it. Then in your client odin.cfg, you would put a new node entry for this new servive and reference with this syntax:

CLASS = CLIENT (servicename)

You would have to force the focexec via a URL and IBIC_server variable to run under this new node.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
March 31, 2008, 05:18 AM
<Arun>
Ginny,
Since i am new to webfocus, Can you give a sample code , which i can refer and achieve this?

Thanks,
Arun
March 31, 2008, 09:33 AM
GinnyJakes
Arun,

First of all, I would recommend that you read parts of the server adminstration manual for Unix, especially the Web Console section.

To create a new service from the console (you must be a server admin to do this), go to Workspace/Configuration/Data Services. Click on Data Services and select 'new service'. Then fill out the parameters as you would like them. And let's say that you call the new service ARUNSERV and you gave it a maximum of 5 connections.

Then log into the WebFOCUS Client Console (you must be an admin to do this), select Reporting Servers then Remote Services. On this screen, fill out the boxes to point to the new service and use ARUNSERV for both the node name and the class.

Once this is set up, a new node will appear in you Dev. Studio server list. If you create your launch pages from that node, the IBIC_server variable will be set to point to ARUNSERV. If you choose to develop in the standard node, then you will have to modify your launch pages by hand.

BTW, you can also use IBIC_server=ARUNSERV in a URL to specifically point to the focexec if there are no parms for the program.

BUT, I'm not going to tell you everything. For instance, there are lots of posts on the forum which document the URL syntax for WebFOCUS. Please look around for that.

However, if you have questions on the architecture, please let me know.

I do hope you are an admin.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google