Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     need to set connection_limit for a specific report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
need to set connection_limit for a specific report
 Login/Join

<Arun>
posted
Hi,

As we all know , if we give the connection limit in edaserve.cfg , this limit will be applicable to all requests. But is it possible to set this limit to a specific request, say in the fex coding ( in addition connection limit that we maintain the edaserve.cfg file ,which will be applicable to all other requests) ?

Appreciate ur responses!!

Thanks,
Arunvijay

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You could try to create another service on your reporting server and set the number of connections for it. Then in your client odin.cfg, you would put a new node entry for this new servive and reference with this syntax:

CLASS = CLIENT (servicename)

You would have to force the focexec via a URL and IBIC_server variable to run under this new node.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
<Arun>
posted
Ginny,
Since i am new to webfocus, Can you give a sample code , which i can refer and achieve this?

Thanks,
Arun

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Arun,

First of all, I would recommend that you read parts of the server adminstration manual for Unix, especially the Web Console section.

To create a new service from the console (you must be a server admin to do this), go to Workspace/Configuration/Data Services. Click on Data Services and select 'new service'. Then fill out the parameters as you would like them. And let's say that you call the new service ARUNSERV and you gave it a maximum of 5 connections.

Then log into the WebFOCUS Client Console (you must be an admin to do this), select Reporting Servers then Remote Services. On this screen, fill out the boxes to point to the new service and use ARUNSERV for both the node name and the class.

Once this is set up, a new node will appear in you Dev. Studio server list. If you create your launch pages from that node, the IBIC_server variable will be set to point to ARUNSERV. If you choose to develop in the standard node, then you will have to modify your launch pages by hand.

BTW, you can also use IBIC_server=ARUNSERV in a URL to specifically point to the focexec if there are no parms for the program.

BUT, I'm not going to tell you everything. For instance, there are lots of posts on the forum which document the URL syntax for WebFOCUS. Please look around for that.

However, if you have questions on the architecture, please let me know.

I do hope you are an admin.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post