Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] AppStudio "Styles"/themes: Can we add our own/modify existing if possible?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] AppStudio "Styles"/themes: Can we add our own/modify existing if possible?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hey all,

I'm really needing a dark theme while using AppStudio. Tired of my eyes getting baked while I stare at a white background. Anyone know where I can add "Styles"/themes to AppStudio's interface? Is this possible somehow? Certain files within the install somewhere? You think this would be a thing...

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I've never done this before your reasonable request, I just checked in Dev Studio and you can do this, but only for the Text Editor, so hopefully you can in App Studio as well.. For Dev Studio, Edit a file in the text editor. Click on View, then select Options. From here click on the Font/Color button. You can change the colours of many aspects of the editor.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Thanks for your help! Should of poked around a bit more myself!

The options to modify your text editor foreground and background coloring schemes, etc. is nearly the same as in DevStudio, but now found under the Text Editor ribbon up top under the Options grouping. There's a Font Style button therein that gives you the ability to make these changes.

Thanks again for chiming in! This'll make things lots better! Appreciate your help!

Master
posted Hide Post
You can also try changing your Windows theme.

On Windows 7, go to Control Panel -> Display -> Personalization, then scroll down until you see "Basic and High Contrast Themes." Pick one of the "High Contrast" themes that have a lot of black in them.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the idea Squatch! Those are a bit overkill for me, but thanks for the thought.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi CoolGuy

I did a presentation awhile back for Summit 2014 called the The Smart Control and starting on Page 38 you can see how to change the styling and you can copy the ibi style sheets and put them in the content folder with a different name. In App Studio click on the Embedded JavaScript/CSS and then click the radio button "Internal CSS" and you can write your CSS code there.

Thanks Barry

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 34 | Registered: September 08, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Barry,

Thanks for chiming in and for the insights on how we can style content controls. That will be nice to know in the future. This post though was actually in reference to AppStudio itself. How I can modify/add to the existing "Style" options found in the top-right dropdown that list 4 varying "Office 2007" themes one can customize their AppStudio interface to. This was mostly for styling the text editor styling, but it would be nice to also be able to customize the rest of the interfaces as well (i.e. panels, ribbons, canvases, etc.).

I do appreciate your post though.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Did you ever get an answer for this?

I am trying to find a way to add my own style sheet to style a Disabled button.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Are you trying to style a disabled button you've created in some content, or a disabled button within the AppStudio tooling itself?

If it's content, simply use the combination of F12 tools in Chrome to grab the button's ID or class name, and a -HTMLFORM BEGIN/END block near the end of your .fex file to style that element via CSS.

If it's AppStudio itself, no, I never did get beyond what's discussed above. Before VS Code, I used the "Black Style" for what it was worth, and inverted the text editor colors via the Options/Font Style dialog pop-up. I then saw the light, and moved away from AppStudio altogether and am using the highly-customizable VS Code. I use this extension in VS Code that gives me a lot of nice functionality.

Hope that helps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,