Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Upgraded from WebFOCUS 77 to 8004, DevStudio not Connecting to WebFOCUS Ser

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Upgraded from WebFOCUS 77 to 8004, DevStudio not Connecting to WebFOCUS Ser
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I upgraded from 7.7 to 8.0.04 on Windows Server 2008 R2. The webserver is up and running and have no problems connecting via the BI Portal or Administration Console. I migrated one of my environments to test the installation and appears to be working fine on the web server.

I have Developer Studio installed on a different machine and when I go to connect to my WebFOCUS Environments, it tells me bad credentials or if I use the WebFOCUS admin user the login goes away but I still don't get in. Clicking on the environment again will bring up the login window again.

A couple of things I noticed about the upgrade. It did not upgrade over the previous version of Developer Studio or Tomcat. In fact they are both running together.

I uninstalled the 6.0 Tomcat and reinstalled 7.4 Tomcat and upgrade JAVA. So now that is running properly.

I still have both versions of Developer Studio running and not sure if I should toast the old version or not.

Any suggestions as to what I may have missed?

Thanks,
Brian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF: 8.1.03, OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Output formats: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 15 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
try admin as user and password.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kamesh,

Thanks for the suggestion. Came back with bad credentials. I know admin/admin works in the Administration console and BI Portal though, so I assumed it would work in Developer Studio as well.

Brian

Master
posted Hide Post
Did you install DevStudio after installed all other components?

If it is an different machine then you need to set the Environment pointing to the right server.

Try, http://servername:8080/ibi_apps on your browser and see what you get.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kamesh,

Connecting through the browser works fine from my Developer machine. I'm able to connect with the admin/admin account and see the Reports Servers, etc. with no problems.

On a side note, the environments I have not migrated say, "The environemnt being connected to is prior to release 8 and cannot be supported". Which is good and what I expected.

Thanks,
Brian

Guru
posted Hide Post
Brian,

If you have both the versions of Developer Studio, you need to be careful. Its preferred to have DS on separate machines.
Search for wfscom.xml, check your environment details , modified accordingly and moreover you've to run the appropriate THISFOCI.bat file under bin folder.

Thanks,
Rifaz

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Brian,

We had a similar issue occur and using the built in Guest account "wfdesktop" with no password allowed us to get into Managed Reporting.

Robert Bright

Owner, Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant
Bright Ideas Consulting
brightideasbiconsulting@gmail.com

Posts: 14 | Location: Greenwood, IN | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I called support and the problem was with LDAP. After upgrading to 8.0.04, I had to reconfigure LDAP and drop all my Active Directory groups and add them back in again.

Before the update, all my AD users and AD groups were prefixed with the domain. After I removed and added everyone back in, they do not have the domain prefix.

So now everything is back working and everyone can log in.

In case someone else runs into a similar problem, the built in admin account now has a password admin.

Thanks,
Brian