Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Caster
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Any one know why report caster would issue the following:
unable to distribute to user@server.com;Could not connect to SMTP host: 10.11.10.20, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectEx
order.xls distributed to user@server.com
Bookings.xls distributed to user@server.com
Current Quarter Open Orders and Shipments.xls distributed to user@server.com
Next Quarter Open Orders with Budgets.xls distributed to user@server.com
Warehouse Activity.xls distributed to user@server.com

The first time it doesn't find the Server then the next step is does, and this happens for several users, but not all.
My net-guys says the server was definitly available.
Any suggestions?

Posts: 157 | Location: Secaucus, NJ | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Was the email address the same for all deliveries?
Do you have the rest of the Connection Exception message?

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The email address in the msg was changed because I don't distribute other people's email with their permission.

But, yeah all the email addresses are from the same server, but there are diferent addresses. The group above were intended for one person. And as I stated previous, some users will get all the reports, some may get all but 1, some may get all but 2. It's seems to be random, but it's real annoying because every morning I figure who didn't get what and manually send them.

The actual log file is pretty big and the only real exception is associated with the distribution.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The email address in the msg was changed because I don't distribute other people's email with their permission.

But, yeah all the email addresses are from the same server, but there are diferent addresses. The group above were intended for one person. And as I stated previous, some users will get all the reports, some may get all but 1, some may get all but 2. It's seems to be random, but it's real annoying because every morning I figure who didn't get what and manually send them.

The actual log file is pretty big and the only real exception is associated with the distribution.

Guru
posted Hide Post
I had a customer who experienced a similar situation in Unix. We were unable to determine the specific cause but expect it was simply volume. My customer changed to a different e-mail server and the issue went away.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
<ejaf>
posted
just a possibility.....

ReportCaster e-mail distribution fails with McAfee 8.0 Applicable Releases: WebFOCUS ReportCaster Releases 5.2x, 5.3x and 7.1

ReportCaster will not be able to access the mail server with McAfee 8.0 installed. McAfee blocks port 25 to prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail. The following errors may be seen when attempting to distribute a message via e-mail:

Error: unable to distribute to recipient@hostname.com;Could not connect to SMTP host: mailhost.hostname.com, port: 25; nested exception is:
java.net.SocketException:
Information on how to correct this issue is below. Please contact your site's administrator responsible for setting up McAfee to make these
changes:
1. Open the VirusScan Console
2. Select Access Protection
3. Edit the rule "Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail"
4. In the section called "Excluded Processes" add "java.exe"
This will allow the java processes used by ReportCaster to send mail.

good luck,
paul.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ejaf, if it were a consistant denial then I would agree, but it's random I don't think that's the reason.

Piipster, do you know if they were running Lotus Notes? I don't think we'll change our mail server, but at least I'll I can give them a valid reason foe the problem and an option.