Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Output RC Job Status

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Output RC Job Status
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Does anyone know if there is a way to output the ReportCaster schedules to disk that are currently running (visible from the Job Status option)? We want to write a program to monitor schedules and it would be helpful to know if a schedule is currently running.
Thanks,
Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.

Posts: 88 | Location: Seattle | Registered: March 29, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
yes, there are BOTSCHED or BOTSKED files
its been way too long since i've done this so i can't find my code
but if you are using focus files for your caster repository, then poke around in your report caster directory until you find them.
i wrote an article once about this for Tips&Tech, but ages ago. don't know if its still there,
ah... search for an article on 'Zulu time'

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I don't think that will provide what we need. I'm very familiar with BOTSCHED but it only tells what is scheduled. We need to know what was started by ReportCaster and that is still currently running. I don't believe BOTLOG or BOTLOG2 are updated until the schedule completes. So there is a period where the NEXT RUN TIME has been updated but the logs from the run have not yet been written. If there was an abort, the logs may not be written at all.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I did something like this about 5 years ago, can't remember specifics but something like grabning schedule details due to be run within the next "n" minutes and place them in a database and then update a field from details in BOTLOG and BOTLOG2 when these logs become available.

Not the simplest of processes but satisfying once you've got it.

I'll check my archives to see if I have some code.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
oh, i see.
well, you can use the agent directories, then.
use a routine that writes a little .txt file into the job's agent directory. (tony & I did a prez on this at summit, dtls later if you want).
-WRITE into that wee .txt file whatever info you need, like time started, fexname, yes its a caster job, etc).
then write a little routine to read the current stack of agent directories, looking for ones that have a .txt file of some certain name. (you're in windows, so that's doable, using CMD DIR > somefilename ).
Agita, si, but if it sounds like something you want to tackle, holler back and we'll help you.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
or how about this....
as a pre-processing condition on your caster job, write a record to some db (as T suggests), or create a wee .txt file and park it in some app directory. then, as a post-processing condition, either write another record to that same txt file , with say the time elapsed, or just nuke that .txt file.
oh, i'm liking this better, very simple. At any point in time you can just look at whatever directory you park these things in, and see whats running.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
That sounds like the easiest approach. I'll give that a try. Thanks Tony and Susannah for your ideas!