Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Closed] 8206 to 8207 HTML Canvas Saving Feature Changes

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Closed] 8206 to 8207 HTML Canvas Saving Feature Changes
 Login/Join

posted
This is my first post, so please bear with me.

We just upgraded our environment from 8206.09 to 8207.16.

We want to be able to run a template report for multiple clients/accounts.

We had a consulting firm build us a template HTML page in version 8206 that we could use to set up basic reports and then save the report configurations in a location that would allow end-users to choose their client and then run the report.

Following the upgrade, the save process is not functioning the same way it was in 8206. The report relies on various hidden elements retaining the innerHTML of various input controls when the save process is complete. However, in 8207 these elements do not appear to be saving with this data, which means the reports are unable to rebuild themselves when a saved version is opened.

I've tried Google searching this (and the forums) with every variation I can think of, but I am not having any luck. Is there any way to get any kind of documentation about what has changed in HTML Canvas between 8206 and 8207, specifically what has changed in the IbComposer javascript? Is anyone aware of any resources for migrating HTML Canvas pages from 8206 to 8207?

I am very grateful for any assistance.

** Edit - trying to fix my signature version.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sellerman,

WF Enterprise Edition
Windows Server 2016 x64
WebFocus / App Studio 8207.16

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sellerman

First of all welcome to Focal Point! I really think you need to report this to techsupport and the consultants that did the work for you. I am sorry but it will be very hard for anyone on the forum to debug this upgrade issue for you.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chuck. I figured this was a long-shot, but couldn't hurt to ask.

We are in the process of making those contacts.

If anything useful comes out of it I'll post it here.

WF Enterprise Edition
Windows Server 2016 x64
WebFocus / App Studio 8207.16

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can't argue with your logic...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post