Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Report name in the Deferred window

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Report name in the Deferred window
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
>> Step 1 - Have a launch page to select various options and the report to run (currently a radio-button list of 13 reports to choose from) ; and when the Submit is hit, the defered notification pops-up.
>> Step 2 - A common program is now run deferred, to -SET other variables and determine which fex to run next, based on the report selection (1 to 13).
>> Step 3 - The appropriate report fex is executed.

As the launch page always calls this common fex in Step-2, the defered window name is the same for all the 13 reports. You have to open each report to see which one it is, if you have submitted a bunch in succession.
Is there anyway I can dynamically assign the display name in the deferred window ? Something like
-SET &IBIMR_defname='fex32'; ??

Thank you all for your input.
Sandeep Mamidenna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Unless someone has a trick up their sleeve, there's no way to change the deferred report name.

I would imagine that by now someone has asked for a new feature to address this.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You could execute 13 different programs that -INCLUDE the common code...

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thx for your input as always Francis.
If push comes to shove, I was planning on doing exactly that or the other way around - Make the common program run online and in-turn call 13 dummy programs that are automatically deferred.

I would also think that someone would have put in an NFR for this by now.

Kerry :
Please advise if IBI has heard of such a request before.

Thank you,
Sandeep Mamidenna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I will check with internal people and will keep you all posted on what I hear.

Thanks to Sandeep and Francis' input on this one. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

FYI, heard from internal: yes, we do have such New Feature Requests from several customer. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
we do have such New Feature Requests from several customer
- that was May 2007. Any update?

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

FYI, from internals (as always Smiler): There are several new features being considered for Deferred that appear targeted for sometime after the initial WF 8.0 release. Francis also has a case opened regarding this request and the case is currently in research.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator

Expert
posted Hide Post
The latest news is
quote:
This is a feature request currently under divisional review. It is targeted for a future 8.x release but no exact ETA or release has been assigned at this time.

Very sad.

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I believe I was able to accomplish what you are looking for. Though i don't know if it will be worth the effort. You have to have all the different fexes with a -INCLUDE in it pointing to your common program.

I have an html page on MRE which has a dropdown from which you can select a report to run and enter parameters for it. This will then run a fex called generate_reports which will decide which parameters to pass along with which fex to run based on a value that is passed from the dropdown that I have. Before, no matter what you selected from the dropdown, it always showed generate_reports on the deferred status page. Now I have it showing the name of the report that was selected from the dropdown.

I am using this javascript function:
 function setReport(reqid, ibif_ex, ibimr_folder){
	if(myXmlRoot || loadXmlDoc()){
		var pattern = "//requests/request[@requestid='" + reqid + "']";
		var requestNode = getSingleNode(myXmlRoot, pattern);
		if (requestNode){
			requestNode.setAttribute("ibif_ex", ibif_ex);
			requestNode.setAttribute("IBIMR_folder", ibimr_folder);
		}
	}
}

I was able to modify the function that someone gave me to get it to work in my situation.

button23 is the deferred button on my html page.

function button23_onclick(ctrl) {
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
var rpt = document.getElementById("REPORT_NAME");
var fex_name = rpt.value;
var fex_prepend = "app/";
var fex_path = fex_prepend.concat(fex_name);
setReport(10, fex_path, "#authorizatio");
OnExecute(ctrl)
} 

The request id is 10 for my deferred button. On the MRE side, I had to create a fex for each of the reports that were in the dropdown. All I have in these fexes is a -INCLUDE GENERATE_REPORTS and the actual fexes are -INCLUDED from generate_reports and are located on the reporting server. generate_reports also handles all the parameters that are being passed in my situation.

So with this, it passes a different fex name depending on which report is being selected from the dropdown. So based on that, it will show the appropriate fex instead of all of the reports saying generate_reports on the deferred status page.

There probably is a better way of doing this, but this worked for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prince Joseph,

Webfocus 8, All Outputs

Posts: 47 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 09, 2011Report This Post