Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Calculated row total question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Calculated row total question
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have a report that looks at charges by year for the last three years. However, I have the years in the across column. I need to add a column at the end that contains a compute statement. I've reviewed the forum and have found many references to ROW-TOTAL, SUMMARIZE, and COMPUTE, but I can't seem to get them to fit. In the end it should look like this:

---------|--2013-|-2014-|-2015-|-Variance
---------|----------------------------
Company A|---$$--|--$$--|--$$--|--##.#%
Company B|---$$--|--$$--|--$$--|--##.#%
Company C|---$$--|--$$--|--$$--|--##.#%
Company D|---$$--|--$$--|--$$--|--##.#%
Company E|---$$--|--$$--|--$$--|--##.#%

Where the Variance is
Variance/D6.1%B= (((2015-2014)/2014) * 100) 

Currently, in the code posted I get all the columns, however, my variance shows .0% .

Part of my dilemma is in the examples I've found there are obvious seperate columns in the calculations, where as, in my example, I'm working with one column. Should I be approaching this from a different angle?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Pondog
App Studio

-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/TonyTest/PFSKPIs/pfs_getdate_vars.fex

-SET ECHO = ALL

-DEFAULTH &FM=' '
-DEFAULTH &VPSTPDFY = ' '
-DEFAULTH &VPOSTPER = ' '
-DEFAULTH &CFY = ' '
-DEFAULTH &PFY = ' '
-READFILE PFSRPTPD
-SET &CFY = '&CFY.EVAL';  -* this is 2015
-SET &PFY = '&PFY.EVAL';  -* this is 2014

TABLE FILE PFSAR
SUM
     PFSAR.PFSAR.CHARGES/P11C AS ''

BY  LOWEST PFSAR.PFSAR.ARTYPDESC AS ''
ACROSS LOWEST PFSAR.PFSAR.PSTPDFY AS ''
 COMPUTE Variance/D6.1%B= (((&CFY-&PFY)/&PFY) * 100) ;  AS 'Variance'
WHERE PFSAR.PFSAR.CHARGES NE 0;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON

ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Branding/np_gphc_theme.sty,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     CALC-LOCATION=TOP,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     OBJECT=STATUS-AREA,
     JUSTIFY=LEFT,
     PAGE-LOCATION=BOTTOM,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pondog,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 116 | Location: Birmingham, Al | Registered: July 23, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This should do it:

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM DOLLARS
BY CATEGORY
ACROSS ST
COMPUTE VAR/D12.2=(C3-C2)/C2*100;
IF ST EQ CA OR CT OR FL 
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Danny-SRL

I've looked everywhere to try an find out how I call a column. I used COL1, COL2, etc, COLUMN1, COLUMN2, etc. I never thought it would be as simple as C1, C2, etc. Thanks a bunch!!

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 116 | Location: Birmingham, Al | Registered: July 23, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ok, to me this is weird; but I'm sure it has something to do with the way I have the fex set up.

When looking at the results from
COMPUTE VAR/D12.2=(C3-C2)/C2*100;  
I found the results were from the years 2014 and 2013, not 2015 and 2014.
I tried changing the columns but then came up with a .0% Variance when I shifted the column numbers left or right by one. I had to look at the individual columns to see what what going on and found that the report produces 6 columns; two for each year, yet only shows one column for each year. I've found that Columns 1 + 2 refer to year 2013; Columns 3 + 4 refer to year 2014, and Columns 5 + 6 refer to year 2015.
Again; weird.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Not weird.
It is your object PFSAR.PFSAR.CHARGES/P11C.
The format doubles it.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thanks a bunch Danny!

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs