Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am experiencing the following error when running a batch job

FOCUS 7.2.3 12.44.36 12/03/2007 XXXX LINE 18 1377.02

EXEC FOC$HOLD

----------------------------------------------------------------------
FOCUS 7.2.3 12.44.36 12/03/2007 FOC$HOLD LINE 1 1377.02

SET MESSAGE=OFF
(FOC198) FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O. FOCUS TERMINATING ERROR WRITING
@0000001, PAGE 1, CODE 0xaa000004

I tried increasing the space of FOCSORT and FOC$HOLD, but unsuccessful each time. Please can you tell how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shrikant,

FOCUS 7.2.3
Platform: IBM system Z9 Business class
O/P formats: Flat files, excel and CSV files

Posts: 39 | Location: Hyderabad, India | Registered: April 28, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Shrikant,
I don't think this is a space issue because the problem occurs on the first page.
Was this working before? Is it a multi-volume file? A new file?
If it's an existing file it may be corrupt.
Regards,
Rich

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012

Posts: 173 | Registered: November 16, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Check your file integrity. Have you set commit = on? It is not a space issue. Are you running an su environment here?
Ira
wf 5.3.6 aix 533

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ira,

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Shrikant,

Has this issue been resolved? Many thanks to RichH and Ira's input.

The following document may be of interest:
Diagnosing FOC198 Errors
You will need to have an InfoResponse username/password to access the file.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,

I am stuck with the Error FOC198. I have gone through the link which you provided in earlier post and I couldn't find my error details.

01/14/2015 08:15:14.070 E (FOC198) FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O. FOCUS TERMINATING ERROR WRITING HOLD, ...
01/14/2015 08:15:14.070 I PAGE 524225, CODE 0xfffffffd ...

Also can you please let me know how to increase the increase the space of FOCSORT and FOC$HOLD.?

Let me know what details that I need to provide to resolve this issue.

Note: We are trying to generate the Excel report with more that 2 lacs records with HOLD format.

Regards,
Suresh

WebFOCUS 8.0.05 - BI Portal, Developer Studio, Dev/App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5, Adobe Flex Builder, VBA

Posts: 47 | Location: Bengaluru, India | Registered: December 04, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Internally, TABLE accumulates its data as a Focus file (and every TABLE request encompasses a MODIFY process).

(524,225 pages) * (4096 bytes/page) = 2,147,225,600 bytes. Looks like the internal matrix hit a 2Gb limitation.

See whether you can use TABLEF instead of TABLE. That avoids the internal matrix limitation. If the data source is a relational server, and the request is suitable, sorting and data-reduction will both be passed to the DB server and you will get the correct result.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post