Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Edge AHTML/HTML creates hyperlink with displayed data

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Edge AHTML/HTML creates hyperlink with displayed data
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hi community,

Does someone have already encounter this and have a solution ?

Using AHTML format (and even HTML) in some occasion, not all the time and not all places and only seems to happen with Edge, when generating an AHTML/HTML report some data are converted into a hyperlink.

I had to performed some trick to prevent that using Safari on mobile devices where I had to use an HTML form instead of displaying as PCHOLD FORMAT HTML, but with AHTML I am stuck…
And the displayed information that is converted to hyperlink is a text (Axx) field. It does that especially when some part of the data looks like a phone number.

I know that is a "normal" reaction from Edge to do this, but I want that to be removed and it doesn't seems to be an option from Edge.
I don't want to change all reports with an HTML form instead of using FORMAT HTML, it's going to be a nightmare. And what to do with AHTML, I cannot change it to an HTML form…

I have found that adding some meta tag into the HTML form, adding attribute to the element, using some java script or combination of the previous solves the problem but this is not relevant when you produce a report and use the PCHOLD FORMAT HTML or PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML

Any suggestion or solution will be greatly appreciated

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Martin,

I guess that you've tried the x-ms-format-detection="none" nonsense already?

What about the meta tag - <meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no"/> ?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
What version of Edge? Is it the old Edge or the new Edge built on Chromium?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hallway,

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
@Tony

As mentioned I found those options, but it cannot be used when you create a report using PCHOLD FORMAT HTML or PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
Remember that it's not all programmers that use IB tools and it's not always possible to use a HTML form.
Especially, I don
@Hallway

One of the "old" version : Edge 44.18362.449.0 & EdgeHTML 18.18363 for Windows 10
Even if there is a release of a new one on May 7, 2020 : 81.0.416.72 New version number now match with Chromium browser project. So, I'm not that late on version update Big Grin

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the new and improved Edge was GA released in January, 2020 as version 79. and the latest update put them at v81. So anything below v79 will be old. If you haven't tried it yet, it is pretty dang cool. The IE mode on it has allowed us to completely get rid of IE as a stand alone browser. Any legacy apps that still need IE can now be handled with IE mode in Edge. It is so nice that our end users only need to use one browser now.

You CAN use an HTMLFORM block on an active (AHTML) report

-HTMLFORM BEGIN NOEVAL
<html x-ms-format-detection="none">
<meta name='format-detection' content='telephone=no'>
-HTMLFORM END

SET NODATA = ''

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES/I11C AS ''
BY CAR
ACROSS COUNTRY AS ''
ON TABLE ROW-TOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOPAGE
END
-RUN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hallway,

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
@Halllway

Thanks a lot for the update. I didn't thought of doing that and it works great except that you better need to do the following otherwise other output format such as Excel or PDF are totally corrupted
-DEFAULTH &WFFMT = ''
-IF &WFFMT IN ('HTML', 'AHTML') THEN CONTINUE ELSE GOTO SKIPPHONEDETECT;
-HTMLFORM BEGIN NOEVAL
<html x-ms-format-detection="none">
<meta name='format-detection' content='telephone=no'>
-HTMLFORM END
-SKIPPHONEDETECT

I also had to play a little to reapply some styling because the HTMLFORM overwrite some AHTML default.
But overall, all good

Good One

In Focus since 2007