Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED myself] Can't seem to get back to portal theme coloring of page/panel tabs:

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED myself] Can't seem to get back to portal theme coloring of page/panel tabs:
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
So, when creating a portal to house content, you can select portal themes. I had selected the flat theme way back when I began this portal. The flat theme gives the selected page and panel tabs a blue background with white text and un-selected tabs a white background with black text (give or take).

I recently tried to change the tab colors from what the theme applies up front to our own company coloring by selecting the Navigation bar element (Breadcrumb: Portal > Navigation) or the tab bar for a panel to do the same, then choosing Style from the portal designer menu, and choosing different Background and Font colors. After doing this, all page/panel tab backgrounds and fonts I changed this way are the same color whether they are a selected tab or not. I want the user to still be able to tell which page/panel tab is active. Is there a way to get back to the flat theme tab coloring? I try to change the coloring via the same route as I did above and it just makes changes across all tab backgrounds and fonts.

I'm guessing the portal themes are .css based? Or are they .sty? Or both? This portal designer is very frustrating to them that just want to have the code in front of them.

Does anyone here know how I can style tabs on a per tab basis like the portal themes apply? I really don't want my tabs to all have the same background and font colors no matter if selected or not.

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well! I R learned me somethin' new! lol

Now I know what the heck the "state" section of the Style tab is for. Figured it out!

You all are very welcome for this on-the-edge-of-your-seat entertainment I've given you all!

Take care!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post