Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dashboard layout guidelines

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dashboard layout guidelines
 Login/Join

<mikeg13>
posted
Are there some "best practices" on how users are designing the Dashboard? Let's say I have subject areas of HR, Finance and Student data. I am unsure if each of these is a domain, or better off having a different or similar Group View for each subject area. Should each of these subject areas just be a Page (tab) within a single Group View? Can you use one of the dashboard toolbars to move between domains? Does anyone actually keep the domain tree on the sidebar? I do not like the look of the sidebar, unless I can get that functionality under the banner, instead of next to it.

So many questions and options. Are there documents for design guidelines? I know about the manual that tells me how to change everything, but where does one get guidance on how it "should" be setup for ease of use? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Report This Post
<WFUser>
posted
I don't beleive there are any "Best Pratices" docuented for Dashboard. Here are a few tips however.

The issue of domains and groups is really a Managed Reporting issue and that must be addressed first. It's really a question of security. If every user can see all reports, then you may want to use only 1 domain. If not, you need other domains and groups.

To switch between environmens, you can only use group views if you have many MR groups. Otherwise tabs will work. The Toolbars are only for outside links.

If you don't like the look of the sidebar, you can remove it from the view and even remove the "Tree" link. The alternative would be to put reports on pages using tabs, folder blocks, and/or list blocks. This will work well if users aren't doing ad hoc reporting using Reporting Objects. If they are, you need the tree.

Report This Post