Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How to add calendar into Auto Prompt HTML screen

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to add calendar into Auto Prompt HTML screen
 Login/Join

posted
How to add calendar into Auto Prompt HTML screen

As we know, Procedures can have parameters.
The user can input, for example, start date, end date, then search to get the report.

Now, we need the feature on the HTML (WebFOCUS Auto Prompt HTML screen) - such as expanding the date selection with a calendar selection.

Hope someone can give me help!
Thanks a lot!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned in the other post, the autopromt screen in not for this type of functionality. It is a "quick and dirty" way to get parameter values into a procedure. Customizations of this magnitude should be done in separate HTML launch pages. What happens when a procedure does NOT have a date parameter? There isn't really a way to tell autoprompt that it should be using one control (a calendar control) instead of another (say, a text box) in a dynamic way. The only control is a freeform text box.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darin Lee,

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Lisaqq,
Do you have to use Autoprompt screen? I almost never use Autoprompt unless it's a one-time quick and dirty report.
If you're a newbie who is not sure on how to create launch pages for your report, then you might want to try using HTML Layout Painter. I'm a newbie as well, although, I've created several launch pages with calendar controls. This is what I always do (I'm on version 7.1.4): In Dev Studio, create a new html file, this opens up Report Painter. Click on Insert|New Report and expand the report box to whatever size you like for your report. Right click on the report object and click on Reference Existing Procedure, choose the fex you created and it should prompt you for the parameters and what controls you like to use for each one. Choose calendar for your date parameters and voila, controls are created autmagically. Click on the Html tab to modify the html to your liking (like adding javascript for error trapping and that kind of stuff).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anatess,

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you could consider not using Autoprompt and building your own launch screen, the WebFOCUS HTML Layout Painter in release 7.6 has a button specifically for calendar prompts.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Ahh geez... I meant HTML Layout Painter, not Report Painter. Red Face

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darin Lee:
As I mentioned in the other post, the autopromt screen in not for this type of functionality. It is a "quick and dirty" way to get parameter values into a procedure. Customizations of this magnitude should be done in separate HTML launch pages. What happens when a procedure does NOT have a date parameter? There isn't really a way to tell autoprompt that it should be using one control (a calendar control) instead of another (say, a text box) in a dynamic way. The only control is a freeform text box.

Hi Darin.
I agree that the HTML Layout Painter should be used to achieve very high levels of functionality. However, a date picker on an auto prompt of a date field shouldn't be so difficult. Crystal Reports auto prompting has had a date picker control for years. Developer Studio is (in my opinion) an IT tool. I want non-IT developers to be able to create reports with date parameters that provide a date picker in the auto prompt.

WF7.6.11 Windows 2003
all output

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want non-IT developers to be able to create reports with date parameters that provide a date picker in the auto prompt.
This good reason for NFR, yes?

Kofi

Client Server 8.1.05: Apache; Tomcat;Windows Server 2012
Reporting Server 8.1.05; Oracle; MS SQL; Windows Server 2012

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would be interesting to know what Crystal Reports considers "auto prompting." I don't know if you're comparing apples to apples. Seems like the only way you would get that to work is if you've somehow told CR that the parmeter to be used is a date field, and once you're to that point, I might not consider it "autoprompting" any more.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post