Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     BORDERS in Excel Headings

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
BORDERS in Excel Headings
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get borders to work in the headings or subheadings of Excel formatted reports? I want to use the basic BORDER styling command to put text and fields in the headings in some type of grid or border.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
This little guy worked wonders....

SET SSDEBUG=256

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;
DB2, UDB, SQL Server, Oracle
FOCUS-WebFOCUS since 1981

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Microfich,

I tried the SET SSDEBUG=256 and nothing happened. Also, looked for it in HELP and did not find it there. Please advise a little more.

Thanks

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Supposedly, this non-documented setting would allow bordering for EXL2K even though not officially available until release 7.6.9. I see you are v7.7.0.2 so this might not be available.

For me (v7.6.2) it allowed things like:

TYPE=TITLE, BACKCOLOR=AQUA,BORDER=LIGHT,BORDER-COLOR=RGB(211 211 211),STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=TITLE,COLUMN=IO_TYP,BACKCOLOR=NONE,BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,BORDER-TOP=OFF,$

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;
DB2, UDB, SQL Server, Oracle
FOCUS-WebFOCUS since 1981

Gold member
posted Hide Post
So was it only available for the 7.6.9 version? It's not allowing me to do it. Using your example, I want to do something like this:

TYPE=HEADING,LINE=5,ITEM=1,BACKCOLOR=AQUA,BORDER=LIGHT,BORDER-COLOR=RGB(211 211 211),STYLE=BOLD,$

So you can not do this....on a heading line in your report with 7.6.2?

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Expert
posted Hide Post
What version of Excel do you have? As you can achieve what you want with EXL07 format.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The different users of this report have a couple different versions of Excel. Generally, I really need to generate the Excel report for the 2003 version of Excel to cover all users curently I believe. On my machine, I have Excel 2007 and soon to go to 2010.

I will try the EXL07 with the borders on the heading items and see waht I get.

Thanks.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I tried the EXL07 format and it still did not border the items in the heading line. For example, I use something like I posted earlier such as:

TYPE=HEADING,LINE=5,ITEM=1,BORDER=LIGHT,JUSTIFY=CENTER,COLSPAN=3

You think it should work with for this?

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

posted Hide Post
I'm encountering a similar issue. I have spreadsheets that I styled with solid medium black borders around some of the data columns, column titles and heading. Everything works in Exl2k but not in Exl07. I ended up having to revert back to sending the output to Exl2k which still works for large spreadsheets (> 65k lines) if the person opening it has Exl07 on their PC. If anyone has been able to get this to work in Exl07, please post the code.

Posts: 1 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: October 30, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Apologies, I was looking at backcolor and not border. Border does not work in EXL07 format (nor has it ever worked in any other Excel format Frowner).

The only other method is to apply the styling that you wish within a macro using Excel templates, although check out some of the tips and technique papers in the IB - Developer Centre which may help you?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
How did you get the BORDERS to work in EXL2K?

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The following is what I'm using to add borders in EXL2K format (in 7.7.03):
type=title,
 border=0.5,
 border-color=rgb(99 99 99),
$

The 0.5 setting is a trick IBI told me about because setting it to "light" isn't "light" in Excel, it's medium-weight, which is more contrast than necessary.

But in any case, the above doesn't work for EXL07. My desk has a head-shaped dent in it.

Prod: 8.2.0.4 OS:Windows 10 Output:AHTML, Excel 2007+

The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness.

Posts: 141 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 10, 2012Report This Post