Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     IBMR_user available in html file? (or any other way to capture the user id)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
IBMR_user available in html file? (or any other way to capture the user id)
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I've been trying to figure out a way to make the IBMR_user variable available in my HTML file but can't seem to make it work. It seems simple and I've had some luck using !IBI.AMP.IBIMR_user, but the problem there is that it apparently needs to be between -HTMLFORM BEGIN & -HTMLFORM END to work -- and I don't think I can do that w/ what I'm trying to accomplish.

I've got an HTML Layout that I built in the resource layout painter and I'm trying to determine what the user is in order to do some specific logic in some javascript code on the HTML page. I've tried building my resource layout and then putting the entire text between the -HTMLFORM BEGIN & -HTMLFORM END and although the HTML does display, I then lose the functionality of my populated drop downs etc. that work fine elsewhere.

This seems almost too simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. I'd appreciate any insight anyone can lend.

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
in this file client52\wfc\etc\site.wfs
add this line
IBIMR_user(PASS)
then &IBIMR_user
is available to you when you run a fex
Depending on your use, you might have to reference this variable later in your code with the escape character:
&|IBIMR_user
Any help?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
in this file client52\wfc\etc\site.wfs
add this line
IBIMR_user(PASS)
then &IBIMR_user
is available to you when you run a fex
Depending on your use, you might have to reference this variable later in your code with the escape character:
&|IBIMR_user
Any help?

I actually already have the site.wfs file modified and can access the &IBIMR_user variable in a fex. But I still can't reference it in an HTML file.

A very simple example:
<HTML>
<script>
document.write(&IBIMR_user);
</script>
</HTML>

I've tried several variations of the above example, but nothing works. Obviously this snippet is not my ultimate goal, it's just an example. Ultimately I want to be able to get that IBIMR_user into a javascript variable and do some things, but that's what I'm having problems accomplishing. I don't know if this makes sense or not...

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Trav,

For the &variable to be resolved, the HTML needs to be "parsed" by WebFOCUS. You can do this by including the HTML between -HTMLFORM BEGIN/END tags as you mentioned. You can also use a single statement such as -HTMLFORM THEHTML where "THEHTML" is the name of the HTML file with a .HTM extension. This way you do not need to code the HTML into you FOCEXEC. THEHTML.HTM must be in the APP PATH for WebFOCUS to find it. Either way, WebFOCUS is the one that resolves the &variable and puts it into the HTML code.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Well I apologize because I'm probably not being extremely clear, but this still doesn't do what I want -- or at the very least I'm not sure how to make it work.

I understand the use of HTMLFORM (I think), but I'm still unable to get the contents of that amper variable into a javascript variable. Can you post an example of something that works in your environment?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Like Mickey mentioned, you have to be in a fex for this to work.

The error might be that you're using &IBIMR_user inside the HTMLFORM - the syntax is !IBI.AMP.IBIMR_user;

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<head>
<script language="JavaScript">
var IBIMR_user = "!IBI.AMP.IBIMR_user;";
</script>
</head>

<body>
This is the user: <script language="JavaScript">document.write(IBIMR_user);</script>

This is the user again: !IBI.AMP.IBIMR_user;
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
*smack* Minor typo.

Francis, I cut & paste your example and it worked but I couldn't figure out why yours did and mine didn't. Funny how IBIMR_user is different than IBMR_user. I've only typed it about 55 times -- just happened to miss it the last time -- so close.

Thanks for the help everyone -- I think I can make this work now -- I guess the key is that I have to put it between the -HTMLFORMs.

Thanks again!!