Focal Point
[CLOSED] IA Missing Filters after upgrade to 8203; compound report error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9457018096

October 01, 2018, 11:02 AM
DWaybright
[CLOSED] IA Missing Filters after upgrade to 8203; compound report error
Wondering if this is a known issue with 8203:
Reports that were built in InfoAssist in WebFOCUS version 8105M when run in 8203 don't return anything, just a blank screen; ran in AppStudio and get syntax error message. When edited in InfoAssist notice that the Filters section is empty and the Filter button is grayed out/unclickable. In AppStudio, if I edit the text, I see the filters are there and saw it is a compound report. Removed the compound report components to have just the main report and it runs. 
I had to send the business person back to her desk with "sorry, you'll have to recreate the report" because if I change it in the text editor, then she can't maintain it in InfoAssist.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs
October 02, 2018, 01:29 PM
BabakNYC
If they still run in the old release, could you see if they can give you a Change Management Package and import into the new release? I don't remember ever running into this when I upgraded but that was a while back.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
October 03, 2018, 11:48 AM
DWaybright
quote:
if they can give you a Change Management Package and import into the new release

I will look into that. Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs