Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Dynamic Left Banner

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Dynamic Left Banner
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have a portal with multiple pages. It was created with a top and a left banner. The top banner is a standard gif/jpeg. the left banner is an HTML selection page. When it was first developed the selections were the same across the pages now they are different. My thought is if I can know which page that I am currently on I will be able to either create a procedure or javascript or jquery to decide what to show.

Does anyone know how to find out the current page/tab in a portal you are currently on?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

dksib
DC Tech Services Inc
WF 8.2.1M

Posts: 117 | Location: US | Registered: February 09, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this will help, however if you look across the bottom of the portal edit mode it shows you what the pages are, the problem is that banners are attached to the portal, not to the individual pages,,, at least that's my understanding, you might need to replace the Banner with separate html procedures for each page...... just a thought.

WebFOCUS 8.05
Windows , Excel, PDf, HTML

Posts: 27 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: January 12, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The banner concept is so that its the same across each of them. If you want them to be different, why not just make it a column, that way you can have them different based on which page your on?

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
MG/GavinL,

Yes, I do understand this, and in the process of doing just this. My issue/concern is that this is only one of many Portals that was created this way. The client wants the look and feel to be the same across all portals and pages/tabs.

I am able to come close but not exactly the same.

dksib
DC Tech Services Inc
WF 8.2.1M

Posts: 117 | Location: US | Registered: February 09, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
David,

I came across this issue around a year ago with the portal product. We finally came across the semi-new IBI RDFTemplates CM package you can request from IBI and they will give you it. It contains a lot of self contained HTML template pages that work with AppStudio to allow you to add content to the panels in them and has built in filtering DIVs that collapse and work in conjunction with various Js files that are a part of this CM package to enable this. Same look and feel across all pages of your portal, and each page containing their own filters that can either collapse completely out of view or shrink to a bread crumb row of which values are currently selected.

Ask IBI for the RDFTemplates CM package. Takes a lot of the work of creating these things out of the equation. Plus these things work with AppStudio's HTML Composer too without any trouble. Bonus! lol

Note: These things only work in 8.1.05 and up. 8.2 will have these built in I think.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
In 8.2 they are giving developers a way to handle page to page, even link from page to page, but prior to 8.2 there is no way to tell what page your on.

Banners don't currently reload either, so not sure how you would trigger this banner to know you changed pages.

Since IBI uses JS to write the pages, trying to find IDs of DIVs/components is a lengthy process and could change the next time it's loaded based on new DIVs on the page.

If you look at some of our portals, the portal is nothing more than a wrapper around one big fex/html we create and control. We control the header, footer, and all done within HTML5. I'm a bit of a control freak so we use the portals for the security only.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Gavin,

I look forward to seeing that added in! Good to know that they are providing an API or something to help with this. Also, I'm with you. The portal is nothing more than a semi-responsive container now that holds self-contained HTML5 pages for us. It's there for the security model IBI implemented, but really nothing more. Looking forward to some major advancements in the 8.2+ portal features.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post