Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Graph Issue - Missing Data coming in as zeros

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Graph Issue - Missing Data coming in as zeros
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I cannot stop missing data coming into my graph as zeros...I need to not show this data in the graph. I am on 7.6.4...does anyone have a solution to this issue...I have tried some of the focal point solutions and could not get them to work: this is the basic code using the car file:

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM CAR.SPECS.WEIGHT AS 'WEIGHT'
BY CAR.SPECS.WEIGHT
ACROSS CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON GRAPH PCHOLD AS HOLD FORMAT PNG
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 0
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 1
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS 400
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 500
ON GRAPH SET UNITS PIXELS
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH HLINE
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

8.0.9, Windows
excel / pdf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF should work, there may be help in this post.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF

Thanks Alan for your response. Yes I tried setZeroValueDataTextDisplay(false); but it does nothing. I think it has to do with having both a "BY" and "ACROSS" in the same graph. I just can't seem to get around this issue. My graph is exactly what I need except for the missing data coming in as zeros. The other challenge is I will have zero values i do need to plot. Any other ideas I can try? Thanks

8.0.9, Windows
excel / pdf

<nick z>
posted
Change your GRAPH to a TABLE and you will see that there is only 1 '0' value and that is for W GERMANY.
That is the only 0 that actually shows up on the GRAPH.
Which is correct, because '0' is the value.
I don't see any other '0' value.
I would suggest opening a case with CSS and providing both TABLE and GRAPH outputs showing exactly where the data is missing in TABLE, but shows up on the GRAPH as '0'.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nick, I have been talking with suppot for days....all I hear is it works in 8.0 which doesn't help me. My other thought is to do the following:
what if we tried this ( I am assuming this is the Macuyer
technique which I need help with)
Here is some simple code to reproduce what I am trying to accomplish:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
WEIGHT
ACROSS CAR
BY MODEL
END
result of the above query is:
MODEL.....................ALFA ROMEO...............BMW

100 LS 2 DOOR AUTO...........2,571...............NODATA
2000 4 DOOR BERLINA.........NODATA................2,590

no set nodata = 999

MODEL.....................ALFA ROMEO...............BMW

100 LS 2 DOOR AUTO...........2,571.................999
2000 4 DOOR BERLINA............999...............2,590

now when you run this you will see a lot of missing data. can I then table the
across field and set all missing data ( nodata) to 999

now can we convert the across field into one column so I have another hold file
by car by model by weight...I can graph this and eliminate all values with 999.

CAR.............................MODEL................WEIGHT

ALFA ROMEO................100 LS 2 DOOR AUTO..........2,571
ALFA ROMEO................2000 4 DOOR BERLINA...........999
BMW.......................100 LS 2 DOOR AUTO..........2,571
BMW.......................2000 4 DOOR BERLINAV..........999

let me know if you can do this thanks

8.0.9, Windows
excel / pdf

<nick z>
posted
I am sorry, I would not know how to align your data. But my question still remains.
When you change your final GRAPH request to a TABLE, do you have data that is missing or data that is '0'?
If the data is missing, the graph by default should not draw it. If it is 0, it will.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As Nick says, if you still have 0 why not changing them for "missing" prior to generate the graph, so they won't be displayed on the graph?

Or add : WHERE CAR.SPECS.WEIGHT NE 0;

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post