Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] - Only one of five reports on HTML page run when I select Excel as output

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] - Only one of five reports on HTML page run when I select Excel as output
 Login/Join

posted
I've Created an HTML page with 5 .fex files in 5 IFRAMEs and a Radio Button to select the output format (HTML, XLSX, or CSV) as below, but when I select Excel as output only the .fex file that is listed first under Tasks & Animation, Requests/Actions is produced, the other 4 don't seem to run....works fine when I chose HTML or CSV

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT.(,,).

Using App Studio's HTML composer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RC@WB,

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To include more than one report in Excel you need to use the COMPOUND feature, the BYTOC feature, the OPEN NOBREAK / CLOSE technique or an Excel template depending on the Excel version used.

Otherwise Excel will only include the first report.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Martin

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've Created an HTML page with 5 .fex files in 5 IFRAMEs and a Radio Button to select the output format

You can't have a HTML page with more than one report (5 IFrame) where all the 5 frames will be exported in one Excel in a easy way.

What I think you should do is to have a special process when Excel is selected where you will build your Excel report using one of the previous suggestion.
In other words you will have a fex that will process/call the 5 reports and build an Excel using either BYTOC/COMPOUND, OPEN NOBREAK/CLOSE, Excel template... I can't tell exactly which way you will need.
It will depend on data source, included data, relation between "reports", ... I don't have all the requirements and your data knowledge.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand, that makes sense. Great help Martin, thanks again

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Edit your first post then in the subject at the beginning add [SOLVED]

In Focus since 2007