Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
style of the table
 Login/Join

<Happy_sing>
posted
Dear all:
when we use "ACROSS filename" to deal with the data, the table will show a line between the title and data, is it possible to discard this line in the table ? Confused

Thanks in advance !!

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
In Report Painter select the Across field, and
use the Report pull down option of STYLE.
In STYLE choose BORDERS and put a dotted line with
no width across the top. This removes the Across line.

Expert
posted Hide Post
whats the CODE to remove that line?

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Code or more detailed instructions would be great. I tried you instructions and they did nothing.

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
<Stahl>
posted
Hi,
we have the same problem: How to remove this line under across heading.
Who does know the appropriate code??
Thanks

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have noticed that the underline does not appear when we make use of the grid in reports having across.

If the report does not need to use any grid, you can try this

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SEATS
ACROSS CAR
-*ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, BORDER=LIGHT, BORDER-COLOR=WHITE,$
ENDSTYLE
END

M

Posts: 33 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: August 11, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone, is this what you are looking for?

Why the extra line after each record in PDF with WRAP?
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/82091120.html
How to remove the extra line between the HEADING and TITLEs
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/81761073.html
How to remove column title underlines in HTML and PDF output
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/81331081.html
How to remove the underline from a column title in PDF?
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/90371054.html

You will need to log on with tech support userid/password to access these documents. Hope these help. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
<Stahl>
posted
Hi Kerry,
that's not quite the right thing I need.
That's the code:
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DC
BY CAR AS ''
ACROSS COUNTRY AS ''
END

What I want to do, is to remove the line underneath the ACROSS-values.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Stahl,

Mickey has given you a possible solution as above. Unfortunately, Gerry's solution via report painter (which is close to Mickey's solution i.e. adding a border) only serves to remove the GRID=OFF styling and therefore defeats the objective.

If you can't get Mickey's advice to work for you, then add your styling to your post so that I can see what you see, and then I'll try and assist if I can.

Regards

Tony

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
SET ACROSSLINE = OFF

The above eliminates the line everywhere it might appear.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Not in 5.3.2 it doesn't -

SET ACROSSLINE = OFF
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DC
BY CAR AS ''
ACROSS COUNTRY AS ''
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
My Mistake, forgot the style mode command in what we're doing, don't use it much just for paper printing. Anyway we are at 5.3.4 testing, thanks, as if this is now not working I need to look at my output.

SET ACROSSLINE = OFF
SET STYLEMODE = FIXED
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DC
BY CAR AS ''
ACROSS COUNTRY AS ''
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
IMHO this should work WITHOUT the SET STYLEMODE = FIXED. New Feature Request!! Or is this a Feature Enhancement Request?

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
STYLEMODE=FIXED
takes away all the html cell language. the output isn't a table at all, its just a bunch of span tags, so the grid off or on, etc, has no impact at all.
I just did a search on ACROSSLINE and came up with only an MVS manual. What version is "acrossline" working in? Sure would be great if it worked in 5n.
Mickey, your suggestion is great. thanks , i can implement that one right away on my site.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post