Focal Point
[SOLVED] DevStudio with .jsp and .js files

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/947108542

September 21, 2009, 01:38 PM
dojo
[SOLVED] DevStudio with .jsp and .js files
Hello Everyone,
We have a development box running WebFocus on WebSphere on Linux. I need to integrate some .jsp's with some .fex's . I know how to deploy a .war file but does anyone know which folder to put the .jsp's in so I can make code changes without having to war it up and deploy it each time while my app is still in development. Does DevStudio allow access to edit .jsp's and .js ? Thanks for any info. j

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dojo,

Linux/zVM/WF7.6.11
September 21, 2009, 01:46 PM
<JG>
You can edit the files in the WebSphere deployment folder.

Usually not allowed at 99.9% of sites, because reloading the application means all changes will be lost
and it's totally against IBM indoctrination.

Otherwise it's a redeploy every time approach.
September 21, 2009, 02:43 PM
dhagen
If you deployed the approot.war under websphere, then you can place them in any webfocus application folder (such as /baseapp) to make the jsp's work without having to redeploy the war.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dhagen,

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
September 22, 2009, 08:34 AM
dojo
Thanks for the responses! I can't do it under WebSphere on our development host, but, I can do it on Tomcat/localhost. I checked the WebSpere admin console and I see that approot76.war is deployed with a context of /approot. I can launch an html file with http://.../approot/subdirectory/testfile.htm but, I cannot launch a .jsp . Any other thoughts. Here are the .war files that are deployed under "enterprise applications":

DefaultApplication
approot76_war
ibi_html_war
ivtApp
query
rcaster76_war
webfocus76_war

Linux/zVM/WF7.6.11
September 22, 2009, 11:07 AM
dojo
I put the full application path of the read/write folder in the "application binaries" setting in the WebSphere admin console and that works. Thanks!!

Linux/zVM/WF7.6.11