Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] APP Folder Filters, WF7 VS WF8?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] APP Folder Filters, WF7 VS WF8?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
What are the "filters" set to for the Data Servers / Application / Virtual folders?

Virtual Folder  Extensions
HTML Files      HTM, HTML. 
Maintain Files  MNT. 
Master Files    ACX, MAS, FOC, (FTM?) 
HTML Files      HTM, HTML. 
HTML Files      FEX
Other Files     What goes in here? none of the above / anything else? 

Are there any differences between the filtration of files to virtual folders in WF7 and WF8?

Thanks In Advance For Your Valued Insight, Doug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hey Doug,
Virtual files on the server are the same:
  HTML        .htm
  Maintain    .mnt
  Master      .mas, .acx  .foc
  Other       .ftm, .txt  .css  .sty  .xls  .pdf  .doc etc...
  Focexec     .fex

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom... Can these filters be changed within our WF DS? Or are they Server Settings?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Doug,
No these are virtual folders, they all reside under ibi/apps in the file system.
IBI creates the virtual folders in DS. Even if you create sub-folders, the same "virtual" folders are created by IBI.
That's it!!!

Also, I had Focexec when it should have been Procedures.
Other has everything else not included in the other 4, including graph files, png, jpg, gif, etc...

All IBI populated...
Say Hi to Marissa!!!
Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom. I just said Hi to Marissa... I like to cut down on the clicking. So, I normally turn off those virtual folders anyway... I wanna see it all... at once... in named order...