Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Off-topic: ITtoolbox

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Off-topic: ITtoolbox
 Login/Join

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Hello,

Sorry to bring this up here, but is anyone in FocalPoint also subscribed to ITtoolbox?

If so, what do you think of it? I think it has an awful interface.

I just tried to post a response to a question and I got the following message:

quote:

postEmail:
postSubject: RE: FOCSORT error
postBody: The problem may be with the default space allocated to dd focsort. I've added this to my JCL: //FOCSORT DD SPACE=(TRK,(100,100)) or this inside my fex: TSO ALLOC FI(FOCSORT) SP(1000,100) TRACKS REU
FAIL
554 No valid recipients
What's up with this?

Hooray for FocalPoint! If I could get a message through to ITtoolbox, I'd probably tell them to join FocalPoint instead.

Cheers,

Pietro.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Pietro,

I just posted a message to the same one you did and it didn't come back yet anyway. The biggest issue is you have to do a reply to the message and don't change the subject or they bounce it back.

Both have their uses. One person I talked to thinks our forum is to busy. But I enyoy it and it seems to have more meaty content.

I guess it's a preference issue.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
its interesting to see what problems other people are having, with BO/Crystal, for example; and to see the general level of question posed by users of other products. it predates fp, but Monte will be tickled by your enthus. applause.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
"Tickled" is an understatement! Pietro, when can I meet you in-person and shower you with Focal Point t-shirts?

Seriously though, Focal Point would be NOTHING without great members like you, Susannah and Leah. Cheers to all!

MMc
Big Grin

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
There are T-shirts? I'd love a T-shirt!

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Would be nice to add to the collection. A new T shirt.

Leah Cross

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Pietro/Leah. It'd be my pleasure. I just checked my stock and I need to get some printed up. I will be contacting you both shortly to get addresses.
Cool

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
There are T-shirts? Did I miss a memo?

-CB

Posts: 55 | Location: New York | Registered: March 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Wait!! T-Shirts??? I wanna T-shirt too.

Thanks in advance,
Vivian

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I would like to have a T-Shirt also. Frowner

Posts: 117 | Location: US | Registered: February 09, 2004Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Uh oh...seems I got myself in some BIG, i.e., XXL, trouble. T-shirts are only passed out at the Focal Point events, folks! Let me see what I can scrounge up. In the meantime, enough about t-shirts and back to our primary interest - WEBFOCUS. (If you still want to continue the t-shirt discussion, please take it offline and private message me so that we don't fill up subscribers mailboxes.) Thanks, M

P.S. Um, Chris, no t-shirts available for IBIers. Instead, you get my undying appreciation ...which is better than a t-shirt, right? Roll Eyes

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
oh this is much more fun than work
You'll be bringing tshirts to the IBI FUN FUSE in Ct next month, right???????

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Now, now Susannah - I already gave you a t-shirt at Summit. Although the truth is you certainly deserve a whole wardrobe of Focal Point apparel (even though you probably don't need it given your current employer). Wink

Report This Post
<Vipul>
posted
Though T-Shirts will be a nice bonus but the great thing here is the wealth of knowledge and helpfulness of the gurus around.

Vipul

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pietro De Santis:
[qb] Hello,

I just tried to post a response to a question and I got the following message:

quote:

postEmail:
postSubject: RE: FOCSORT error
postBody: The problem may be with the default space allocated to dd focsort. I've added this to my JCL: //FOCSORT DD SPACE=(TRK,(100,100)) or this inside my fex: TSO ALLOC FI(FOCSORT) SP(1000,100) TRACKS REU
FAIL
554 No valid recipients
What's up with this?

[/qb]
FYI, I heard back from the IT Toolbox folks, and this was a temporary glitch caused by a server upgrade. Everything should be back to normal there now. Of course, we have no problem with you continuing to ask your questions here instead. Smiler

Regards,

-Chris

Posts: 55 | Location: New York | Registered: March 07, 2003Report This Post