Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] OVER Command Not Working for Report on the Document Canvas

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] OVER Command Not Working for Report on the Document Canvas
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have a report using the OVER command. When I placed it on the the document canvas in App Studio the OVER is not working...report just generates with the fields in the horizontal layout instead of the respective fields placed over one another. When I run the report standalone thourh, it generates with the respective fields over one another.

Has anyone encountered this and any ideas on a fix?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What's the output format of your Document?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Output format is Analytical Document (HTML).

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
AMC2

OVER does not work with Analytical Document. If you change your report to have that output type outside the document you will see that the OVER command is not supported. Or change your document to be PDF and you will see it does display properly.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks for that. However, changing the Document to PDF or DHTML cuts out some of the data from two of my horizontally longer reports that are on the Document. Any ideas there?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try changing it to LANDSCAPE and use TABLOID. It's wider and fits everything across more effectively.

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks BabakNYC but I already had it set to Landscape and Tabloid. However, when changing the Output Format of the Document to PDF or DHTML I lose the data on the horizontally longer reports. I do not with Analytical Document (HTML) format. Any other ideas?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, it appears to squish the data on top of each other for the two horizontally long reports on the Document when the output format is set to PDF or DHTM. Any more thoughts?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nothing comes to mind other than redesign. Frowner

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
What about setting the SQUEEZE or WIDTH in the report?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you have very wide alpha columns try WRAPping them at a fixed width. SQUEEZE might help, but I don't think WIDTH will help in this case. Give it a shot, it couldn't hurt to try.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Well it's odd...it has spaced the values of the ACROSS field further apart from each other but seems like it's squishing the data at the same time. That field is defined as an alpha...A39V.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I would attach a screenshot, but we still can't attach anything to the post, right?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
AMC2

It is possible to post images. I use http://postimgages.org and once the image is posted there you use the Link URL

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It appears that I'm blocked from getting to http://postimgages.org.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
AMC2

There are other sites to store images, use google to find one that isn't blocked to you.