Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] 3 column report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] 3 column report
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am searching for code examples for producing three coulmn report. I need to produces a printable pdf in three columns eight records per column sorted by region then by county.
Any and all examples would be appreciated

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
Look for this documentation: Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Laying Out the Report Page > Working With Mailing Labels and Multi-Pane Pages. You can use this technique to create a matrix of 3 x 8.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have reviewed the code for this and it does part of what I want. I need to group by Region then by county. But I only want to display the county on the first record of each group. Every time it try to add the new by field it adds to the bottom of the label and I am not sure how to suppress the county name on the rest of the records.

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Your request is a little bit too cryptic for me to understand.
Could you please clarify this a bit with examples of the desired output?

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to send an attachment?

I can send an example of what I am trying to achieve.

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
As you say, the matrix syntax will only do some of what you require. It will take a little bit of convoluted code to display the county on only the first group.

I would add BY statements with NOPRINT and COMPUTE the county to be blank or the actual value, depending on the row number, which would also have to be COMPUTEd. As I said, convoluted.

If you can create and post code using one of the IBI-supplied sample files (CAR, GGORDER, etc), maybe we can help you further.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can send an example of what I am trying to achieve.
Please do send a sample. In the mean time is THIS what you are attempting to achieve? If so, "PAGEMATRIX=(a b), ELEMENT=(c d), GUTTER=(e f)" will do the trick. Where a-f are the values you need for the desired layout. NOTE that this sample is using the 18 models from the car file so I used 3 and 6 for the PAGEMATRIX values. I DEFINEd the region just for illustrative purposes and COMPUTEd the FIRSTCOUNTRY to display either a blank or the value of the curretn COUNTRY based on LAST COUNTRY.

I hope this helps...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
This is very close to what I need. How do I suppress the region name. I only want to see REGION I on the first record and so for the reset of the Regions.

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
You can COMPUTE another field as follows:
COMPUTE REGIONNAME/A10 = IF REGION EQ LAST REGION THEN '' ELSE REGION ; NOPRINT
and use REGIONNAME instead, to get this. I hope this helps.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks that did the trick.

Developers Studio 7.6.5