Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Populate Maintain combobox options from a fex.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Populate Maintain combobox options from a fex.
 Login/Join

posted
I've looked around the forums, but can't really seem to find what I'm looking for so hear it goes. I'm trying to find a way to populate the options for a combobox with the values from a column in a focus report. I'm able to execute a fex to populate an HTML object, but can't seem to do the same to populate a combobox. If I attempt to use the variable in the stack that works for an HTML object in the combobox options it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.5
Windows Server 2003

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The populating of a combo box from a fex is pretty standard.

The report run has to have ON TABLE PCHOLD as the output format.

The columns in the report have to match the stack being used in the INTO STACK.

case getparms
Declare var1/a10;
var1 = 'ENGLAND';
parmStack.country/a10;
parmStack.car/a16;

stack clear parmStack;

exec myparmfex from var1 into parmStack;

endcase

fex:
TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&1'
ON TABLE PCHOLD
END

The focexec can use AS 'NAME' in the request with ASNAMES=ON.

As a real example on your desktop, just run an Update Assist against the car file with combo boxes, look at the maintain generated and the listfill.fex provided. The maintain also has good code to set the default combo box selected entry, and is a good learning tool for maintain code in general.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Alan. Works great. I was using ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML. Also, thanks for the tip of using the update assist to generate code for examples.

Thanks Again,

WebFOCUS 7.6.5
Windows Server 2003

Master
posted Hide Post
One more note to add:

Many of my demos use the Movies file. When I want to retrieve all of the categories, I only want to 10 unique names and not all 60 rows. To do that I use:

TABLE FILE MOVIES
PRINT DST.CATEGORY
ON TABLE PCHOLD
END
-RUN

This way my combo box gets populated and I don't have to remove an duplicates.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post