Focal Point
[SOLVED] When i try to reuse Save Selection code, I don't get Save selection popup.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9517055476

February 02, 2015, 05:48 PM
Santhu
[SOLVED] When i try to reuse Save Selection code, I don't get Save selection popup.
When i try to reuse Save Selection code, I don't get Save selection popup.

i was not using HTML composer because i need to do complex Launch page where HTML Composer will not support.

So, I followed below steps to implement the Save Selection button.

Step 1: Alter the ibiOptions variable
var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls,rltdyncalendar,olap,olapdrill,olappanebase);

Step 2: Add the function to JavaScript
//Begin function saveButton_onclick
function saveButton_onclick(ctrl) {
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
SaveSelectedParameters()
}
//End function saveButton_onclick

Step 3: Add a Save Selection Button
INPU style="Z-INDEX: 6; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 220px; HEIGHT: 40px; TOP: 460px; LEFT: 430px" id=saveButton language=java_script tabIndex=6 onclick=saveButton_onclick[this) value="Save Selection" type=button elementtype="27" name="saveButton"

I have removed the '<' and 'T' [INPUT) in the above code. Else input you will not be able to see the code as normal text, if i keep
 <INPUT automatically Save Selection button gets created for this topic area.

when i click the Save selection button the JavaScript is not executing and i don't see a popup which ask for save your selection.
Request to help me understand did i miss anything.
or do we have any work around to acheive this.

Thanks,
Santhosh

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.7 App Studio
February 03, 2015, 01:34 AM
Pravin.Singh
quote:
SaveSelectedParameters()

Function SaveSelectedParameters() is written in one of the java script(.js) files which you would need to include in your code. Try copying it from regular launch page and put it in your code. It should resolve the problem.

Thanks,
Pravin Singh

WebFOCUS 7703
Windows, All Outputs
pravinsinghwebfocus.blogspot.com
February 24, 2015, 05:24 PM
Santhu
Hi Pravin,

Thanks for sharing the info.
Problem was i don't have save selection button privilage it was blocked at WebFOCUS Admin level.
It is fixed.

Thanks,
Santhosh

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.7 App Studio