Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved]Error Message window

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved]Error Message window
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I would like to have an error message window with specific text in it to open up to the user after a .fex is run from an html page. The .fex checks for certain criteria. This part runs fine but I don't know how to open a window and display the message after checking the criteria. I tried creating an HTML page and calling that with an include statement but I got an Internal exception processing IBFSService.runItem message. Even though the .htm file runs fine. See the code below for what I use to call the .htm

-IF &ID1 EQ '0' AND  &ID2 EQ '0' GOTO ENDERR;

-ENDERR
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Registrar/GradAudError.htm
-GOTO ENDREP

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Trudy,

WF8
Windows

Master
posted Hide Post
Try changing the -INCLUDE to -HTMLFORM

-IF &ID1 EQ '0' AND  &ID2 EQ '0' GOTO ENDERR;

-ENDERR
-HTMLFORM IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Registrar/GradAudError.htm
-GOTO ENDREP

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
something like this ?

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
ON TABLE HOLD AS RECORDCOUNT FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN

-SET &LINES=1;

-*-*-*-*Try change the above value to see the two labels.
-*-*shows alert when there is no data and show output when you have data

-SET &ERROR = &LINES;

-IF &ERROR EQ 0 GOTO ERROR_SCRIPT;

-IF &ERROR NE 0 GOTO CONT;

-ERROR_SCRIPT
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR NOPRINT
ON TABLE HOLD AS RESULT_X FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN