Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Code tightening for 7.6+

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Code tightening for 7.6+
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have heard much about the code tightening for 7.6+, we are upgrading from 5.3 to 7.6.6 (or maybe 7.67). What problems should I plan for? Does anyone have specific examples of code that worked before that did not work after?

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
One I know for sure is the AYM and AYMD legacy date subroutines. A lot of my developers got nailed on this one.

In the past, contrary to the documentation, you could get away with specifying the 'outfield' in a smartdate format, e.g. YYMD.

The doc clearly states that 'outfield' can be either I6, I6YMD, I8, I8YYMD.

There should be other posts on the forum that list upgrade problems with your jump. We did it last October after months of user testing but we went with 7.6.2 after problems with ..0 and ..1. We are now at 7.6.5.

Also be prepared with some issues regarding html pages though alot of those were resolved by the time we got to 7.6.2 because of the multitude of cases I opened.

Have fun. It'll be a heck of a ride.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
PB,
We are getting ready for a similar ride. We are in testing stage right now.. Let me know, as will I for you, re: any surprises or known issues.

Ginny - Thanks for the input, and as always, sooooo appreciated.

Ira
AIX 533 ProdClient 533, Server 538, Test 7.6.1 (CLIENT), 538 SERVER,

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We moved from 5.3.3 to 7.6.4 early last spring. I don't have my notes handy but I remember getting hit with these.

SQL pass thought there can be no code between the semi-colon ";" and the "TABLE FILE SQLOUT". We had some DM code to get timings.

ON TABLE . . . FORMAT HTMLTABLE instead of HTMTABLE (the htmLtable is incorrect syntax)

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3

Master
posted Hide Post
Check out 762 snags on this forum.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies. From what I have seen in previous posts it appears we may not come out too bad.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post