Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]use a hold file as filter of a field

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]use a hold file as filter of a field
 Login/Join

posted
hello,

I am trying to use a hold file H_SLS_NAMES as filter of a column but webfocus in giving me an error of file not being allocated. I have tried saving the hold file in the forecache and I am still getting the same error:

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 283 LINES= 283
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 23 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC351) INPUT FILE NOT ALLOCATED: H_SLS_NAMES
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND

here is the code:

APP HOLD foccache

TABLE FILE DIM_SALES_REP
PRINT
DIM_SALES_REP.DIM_SALES_REP.COMPANY
DIM_SALES_REP.DIM_SALES_REP.SALES_MAN_CODE
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS H_SLS_NAMES FORMAT FOCUS
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
TABLE FILE DEVIATION_MASTER_FILE
PRINT
DEVIATION_MASTER_FILE.DEVIATION_MASTER_FILE.OPCOMP
DEVIATION_MASTER_FILE.DEVIATION_MASTER_FILE.OPACCT
WHERE ( DEVIATION_MASTER_FILE.DEVIATION_MASTER_FILE.OPCOMP IN FILE H_SLS_NAMES ) AND ( DEVIATION_MASTER_FILE.DEVIATION_MASTER_FILE.OPRFDT GE 1160201 );
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

thanks,

Vera

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.0.9
WebFOCUS AS 8.2.0.1
Iway Data Migrator 8.0.09
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
When using a HOLD file as a filter, it can't be a FOCUS DB and it must have only one column.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Can you please tell me what kind of file should I save it to?

thanks,

Vera

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.0.9
WebFOCUS AS 8.2.0.1
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT ALPHA

You should also
SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY
SET ASNAME=ON

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
One other thing, I believe you need to use
ON TABLE SAVE AS H_SLS_NAMES

I never specify format as default format is ALPHA. But as Babak points out, that is the format you will need. You can specify it if you wish.

Also as Francis points out, just include 1 column. If you do that, you wont need to include the set commands that Babak mentions. It seems that you are comparing against COMPANY, so I would remove SALES_MAN_CODE

SET ASNAME=ON will change the Field name of a field for subsequent hold files if you use the "AS" syntax. Your not doing that here, so there is no need. Also since you are using the field as selection criteria, the field name is irrelevant anyways.

SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY this is only relevant if you are using a compute, changing the type of the field within the TABLE FILE request, or using the NOPRINT option. Again, you don't have any of those in your request, so this option will be irrelevant as well for you.

One important thing to note when using this though is that it is limited to about 1000 values. I can't remember if this is a database restriction (I use oracle) or a WebFOCUS restriction. But if you have the potential of pulling in a large amount of values to restrict on, you might want to consider other options.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank for every one. it is working.

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.0.9
WebFOCUS AS 8.2.0.1
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
One final comment: When creating a hold file you don't need any styling attributes whatsoever. It's possible you are using the GUI and it throws them in unnecessarily but to my mind it is just messy coding. (Won't get into the HOLD file in any case).

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post