Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Windows user rights to install webfocus

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Windows user rights to install webfocus
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I am not a windows or a network administrator.
But i am in charge of installing and configuring webfocus on a windows server.
At this time i am doing that with a user that have adminstrative rights.
My question is: Do I have to be windows administrator to do this task or a less rights should be granted to me to it?

Regards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Majid Jeddi,

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To remove the possibility of future problems, you should probably install with admin rights. It could possibly be installed with some other profile, but since you're asking the question, you probably haven't read through the installation manual, so admin would be your safest bet.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Darin Lee,

Yes I did read the documnetation but did not see anything talking about this.
With administrator user for sure everything will go as expected.

Regards.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Majid Jeddi:
Hi Darin Lee,

Yes I did read the documnetation but did not see anything talking about this.
With administrator user for sure everything will go as expected.

Regards.

Majid,

Page 38 of WebFOCUS and ReportCaster Installation and Configuration for Windows (DN4500816.0708) states:

User ID - You must install as an administrator to the Windows machine.

The server install manual also states the requirements for User ID Requirements for Windows:

quote:
The installation of the server requires that you are logged on as an administrator or as
a member of the Administrator’s group...

Although Administrative privileges are required only during installation, a Server Administrator needs to have at least Power User privileges in order to run the server
as a service.

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post