Focal Point
[CLOSED] Guided Reports - saving selections

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9547010296

November 18, 2019, 04:09 PM
Mike in DeLand
[CLOSED] Guided Reports - saving selections
I've created an HTML page that has a few parameters and runs a guided report. Works great. I added a "save selections" button so the user can save different variations of the report. When I open a "saved" set of parameters, I don't get them all. NOTE that one field is a "text area" with multiple lines. That field comes up blank when I open up a previously saved set of parameters. I have a requirement to allow certain users to type in their own SQL query, so that's why I'm using a text area. It could get pretty long I suppose. Has anyone else run into this? I didn't find much on focal point about it. Thanks all!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
November 19, 2019, 11:49 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Mike

What version of WF are you using? I want to try to reproduce this.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
November 19, 2019, 01:13 PM
Mike in DeLand
Hi Chuck, we're on 8.105M. I'm still trying to determine exactly what's causing the textarea to not save. Sometimes it does. I started to think maybe the quotes were hosing it up, but I typed in a few lines with single and double quotes and it saved just fine. Really weird.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
November 19, 2019, 01:38 PM
Mike in DeLand
Chuck - it looks like the equal sign in my SQL query is what breaks it when I do a SAVE. I just manually typed in parts of the query, saving after each thing until I got to the WHERE statement. As soon as I added the equal sign it wouldn't save the query. I removed the equal sign, saved again, and the query came back in the textarea.

As a workaround, I'm going to use the old FORTRAN operators of .EQ., .LT., etc, and I can do a replacement when the fex runs. I'd still be interested in what you find.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
November 20, 2019, 02:59 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Mike

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I tested this with both 8.1.05 and 8.2.06 and experienced the same as you with the = sign. I think you should report this as a bug.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
November 20, 2019, 03:06 PM
Mike in DeLand
OK, thanks a lot!

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux