Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FOOTING BOTTOM not working correctly on compound PDF report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FOOTING BOTTOM not working correctly on compound PDF report
 Login/Join

<michele-b>
posted
I am running a compound PDF report, and I have a report footer on each report, and for some reason on the first report the Footing Bottom designation is not placing the footing on the actual bottom of the page. I do not have any bottom margin, and the same source code works on the other 2 reports and puts the footer on the bottom, but the first report footer is about 2 inches up from the bottom of the page. Can anyone offer me any advice? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Hi Michele:

I just spoke to Product Management...We always liks to know what release you're using when you ask questions like this.

However, after review, it sounds like a problem that should be reported to Tech Support with a reproduction so that we can confirm if has been fixed as there have been fixes for Compound PDF in the 52x Service packs.

We recommend contacting our support personnel on issues like these that require more detail on your installed products, versions, and configuration.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm having the exact same problem...Was this ever resolved?

Thanks.

Expert
posted Hide Post
It seems to behave in WF 5.3.2:

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

USE
C:\ibi\apps\Samples\CENTORD.FOC
END
-RUN

SET PAGE-NUM=OFF
SET ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE
-RUN

-*-- Report 1 --------------------------

SET COMPOUND = OPEN
-RUN

TABLE FILE CENTORD
SUM LINEPRICE
BY PLANT
BY PRODCAT
HEADING
"Sales Report"
" "
FOOTING BOTTOM
"Page: <TABPAGENO"
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT='Arial', SIZE=9, $
TYPE=HEADING, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=BLUE, $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END
-RUN

-*-- Report 2 --------------------------

TABLE FILE CENTORD
SUM QUANTITY
BY PLANT
BY PRODCAT
HEADING
"Inventory Report 1"
" "
FOOTING BOTTOM
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=RED, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

-*-- Report 3 --------------------------

TABLE FILE CENTORD
SUM QUANTITY
BY PLANT
BY PROD_NUM
HEADING
"Inventory Report 2"
" "
FOOTING BOTTOM
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=ORANGE, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

-*-- Report 4 --------------------------

SET COMPOUND = CLOSE
-RUN

TABLE FILE CENTORD
SUM LINE_COGS
BY PLANT
BY PRODCAT
HEADING
"Cost of Goods Sold Report"
" "
FOOTING BOTTOM
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=GREEN, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I was having this problem in WF7 and I added 'SET PRINTPLUS = ON' and the problem is no more.

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
'SET PRINTPLUS = ON

Thanks for your responses. Since I have been extremely busy I tried Guru's potential solution first, but PRINTPLUS does not support style sheets and all of my reports have style sheets attached.
Francis, my code is very similar to yours with FOOTING BOTTOM and the bottom margin set to 0.0. It almost appears as if the word BOTTOM has something to do with the problem, if I remove it behaves a little better, but I need that word in there. Please note that even though my code is copied throughout my reports, this problem only happens with a couple of them.
This appears to be a bug, I'm using WF7, Managed Reporting.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hey - Only nine years too late! I had an issue with FOOTING BOTTOM in PDF also. My footing was always over-writing the last line of the report no matter how long the report was. SET PRINTPLUS=ON did the trick and now my footing is always at the bottom of the report.

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 - Production
WebFOCUS 8.2.04 - Sand Box
Windows 2012 R2 Server
HTML, PDF, Excel
In FOCUS since 1980

Posts: 115 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: April 07, 2015Report This Post