Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Composer: Problems w/ Active Flash

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9557002716

February 27, 2012, 03:27 PM
Deborah Sullivan
[CASE-OPENED] Composer: Problems w/ Active Flash
So, I am trying to create a compound report with multiple chart files, where the charts are rendered in Active Flash. So far so good, this seems relatively easy to do in 7703. However, there are some odd things that I can't seem to fix.

1) I created each chart from within the Composer using Advanced Graph Assistant. In each, I am changing each series color to something more meaningful for the data. From within the graph tool, it honors my color choices and previews the colors correctly. However, when I run the fex, all the charts revert back to default colors. A look at the style sheet sections in text shows that each series is correctly identified, however, at run time this seems to be completely ignored.

To try something else, I tried creating a report just in the Advanced Graph Assistant (updating the series colors as I wanted) and then referencing that procedure into a Composer/Compound document. When I select Active Flash as the output, my colors are ignored. When I select HTML as the output, my colors are honored.

2) My "Y" Axis is a simple date in MYY format (for instance, '02/2012'). When run in straight HTML, the dates are sorted & displayed correctly. When I run the same report in Active Flash, suddenly my dates look like this: "012012 022012 062011 072011" (and sorted this way). The procedure suddenly does not seem to know what a Smart Date is.

So, I am wondering, 'what the heck ... ?' Maybe I'm missing something. So ... I am looking for any guidance or advice regarding using the Composer to create multiple report frames with Active Flash content(or some kind of active content).

Thanks in advance for any help!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
February 28, 2012, 07:22 AM
David Glick
It seems you are finding this that Active Flash format does not support as shown by running the individual procedures as HTML format. So it is not a Compound Document issue and I recommend cases be opened for Active Technologies.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com
February 28, 2012, 10:00 AM
Deborah Sullivan
Thanks, I opened a case (IBI Case # 80592513).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deborah Sullivan,