Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to get error messages from WFServlet

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to get error messages from WFServlet
 Login/Join

<bkrodgers>
posted
We're moving away from CGI to WFServlet, and I've found one issue that causes a problem for me in terms of development (we write FOCEXECs by hand here). Under the CGI, error messages are printed as HTML comments. However, when running as WFServlet, I don't get error messages at all. I don't know if they're being logged to a file I'm not aware of or if they're just being lost completely, but I'd really like them to be displayed on the screen (or at least in the HTML comments like CGI does it).

Is there a configuration setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks,
-Brian

Report This Post
<Joselyn Ruiz>
posted
The WFServlet should return error messages exactly the same way the CGI does. We had problems in this area for the WFServlet that have been corrected. Can you verify for me the release that you are experiencing the problem in?

Report This Post
<bkrodgers>
posted
It's 4.36 -- I don't believe we have any CSP applied.

So is this a bug in the servlet, and not a configuration setting I can change? We're looking at moving to 5.2 next year sometime, but I'd love to be able to fix it sooner.

Thanks,
-Brian

Report This Post
<Joselyn Ruiz>
posted
Yes this was a bug in the WFServlet prior to 52. It has nothing to do with configuration. You can put in a formal request (hottrack case) for this in 436 and we will see what we can do but this was part of the new architecture of the WFServlet in 52. I don't know how easy it would be to take the fix in a 436 service pack.

Report This Post
<bkrodgers>
posted
OK, good to know it's fixed then. I won't be putting in any request for a 4.36 fix simply because we've decided to work towards a 5.2 upgrade instead (there's an extensive change management process in our environment, and even installing a service pack is a bunch of effort). I can live with it for now, and I may even be able to use this to push the 5.2 upgrade forward a bit faster.

Thanks!
-Brian

Report This Post