Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     columns following an ACROSS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
columns following an ACROSS
 Login/Join

<Lisa M>
posted
I need to create a report which includes an ACROSS (# quotes by month, total #-using row total), but which also needs to display additional information in the same BY (total sales $, average $ per month).

Here's what I'm looking to output:

____Jan__Feb...Dec__Total#__Total$__Ave$
2004_5___10____5____20_____$100____$5
2003_4___11____10___25_____$100____$4

I'm ok with creating the BY and ACROSS, but can't get any other columns to be in the same BY but not in the ACROSS. I'm looking to avoid defining fields for each month (too slow) or creating HOLD files.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Lisa,

You can code COMPUTE commands after your ACROSS phrase. This will get you columns after your BY/ACROSS matrix.

For example:

<br /><br />TABLE FILE CAR<br />SUM    RCOST     NOPRINT<br />       CNT.RCOST NOPRINT<br />       AVE.RCOST NOPRINT<br />BY     CAR<br />SUM    RCOST     AS ''<br />BY     CAR<br />ACROSS COUNTRY   AS 'Country'<br />COMPUTE TOT_RCOST/D7 = C1;  AS 'Total Rcost'<br />COMPUTE CNT_RCOST/D7 = C2;  AS '# OF Cars'<br />COMPUTE AVG_RCOST/D7 = C3;  AS 'Avg Rcost'<br />END
Running this TABLE will give you three calculated columns to the right of the matrix.

It is kind of hard to do a meaningful ACROSS report against the CAR database, but you should get the idea from this example.

Regards,
Dave