Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Procedure two different output EXCEL and HTML with two different style sheets

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Procedure two different output EXCEL and HTML with two different style sheets
 Login/Join

posted
I have created a summary procedure with two drill downs to a detail procedure. You have two choices to the detail procedurs, one to EXCEL and one to HTML. However I want the EXCEL to output without the style sheet and HTML with a style sheet.

Is that possible? I am fairly new to this , i have try to search for this answer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 20 | Location: 7.6.2 | Registered: November 04, 2008Report This Post
<JG>
posted
I assume that you use an &variable to set the format.
If that is the case just add -IF &format EQ 'EXL2K' GOTO label; before the ON TABLE SET STYLE and branch to the label after the ENDSTYLE.

Alternatively use FORMAT EXCEL this will generate a binary .XLS file with just the data and column headings.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I am getting closer. But no matter what i do it keeps running only one style

My code is like this:
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT '&PARM_WFORMAT'
-IF '&PARM_WFORMAT' EQ 'EXL2K' GOTO excelabel;
-IF '&PARM_WFORMAT' EQ 'HTML' GOTO htmllabel;
-htmllabel;
style sheet commands for html
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
-excelabel;
no style sheet for excel
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
END

IT keeps running the excel with no style sheet.

I am sure it is my lack of knowledge, but I have to learn as a produce reports.

<JG>
posted
quote:
-excelabel;

Labels do not end with a ; it should be simply -excelabel

Also you need a -GOTO LABEL after the first style block so that you skip the second

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT '&PARM_WFORMAT'
-htmllabel
style sheet commands for html
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
-GOTO GOTSTYLE
-excelabel
no style sheet for excel
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
-GOTSTYLE
END 

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I did what you said and no matter what it is still display with still. It doesn't look like it is even going to the excelformat.
I turned on my excel trace and I got this;

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT 'EXL2K'
-IF 'EXL2K' EQ 'EXL2K' GOTO excelabel;
-IF 'EXL2K' EQ 'HTML' GOTO htmllabel;
-htmllabel
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

It looks like it is still going to the -htmllabel

In the trace it never goes to -excelabel;

It shows that it is 'EXL2K' . but it doesn't acknowledge the GOTO of my condition.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Remove the tics from &PARM_WFORMAT.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That worked.. Thanks so much for your help

<JG>
posted
thanks Jack, just looked at the code and missed that well known DM quirk.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Noveta, In Developer Studio 76, there is a style block option that will allow you to assign style options to specific output types. It is a little cleaner then the suggestions in this thread, and you can stay in the GUI to do it. You should look into it.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am on DevlStudio 7.6.4
I don't see that option. Can you tell me where it is. What I have works, but yes it doesn't allow me to go into the GUI.

Thanks

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do a search on "Generating Format-Specific StyleSheets" (keep the quotes) in Developer Studio and it will describe and walk you through the process.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Generating Format-Specific StyleSheets"

That was very helpful and it worked in GUI.