Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] MRE Domain & Dashboard View help

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] MRE Domain & Dashboard View help
 Login/Join

posted
We are in the process of setting up our production environment and have some questions about how to set up domains and groups within MRE. If we have multiple groups within a domain, is there a way to secure reports for one group from another group within the same domain?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 26 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: October 29, 2004Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
I think I may have just figured that one out.

You can build a view for the group, with only the reports that pertain to that group.

By default, the Group view links in the banner have a "Tree" link. The Tree link can be a Domain Tree or a Role Tree. If it's a Domain Tree, then the user will have access to ALL reports in the domain. If it's a Role Tree, then the user will have access to ONLY the reports you add to the Role Tree.

Use the ViewBuilder to determin what the Tree should be. Then use ViewBuilder to create Role Trees for the Groups.

I hope this makes sense and is usefull.

Cheers.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I actually was able to figure that out, but it appears that when you create a group view the user still has access to everything in the domain thru the PERSONALIZE link. Is there a way to remove the PERSONALIZE link from a group view?

Posts: 26 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: October 29, 2004Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Well, that sucks! The Personalize link only appears when you select "My View".

You may be able to suppress the Personalize link by editing a config file somewhere in the WORP directories.

What I'd like to see:

1) ViewBuilder control of the links in a Group View. For some inexplicable reason, this is available for Public View but not for Group Views.
2) ViewBuilder control of whether or not we want the "My View" to be available
3) DevStudio should have a WORP component

I've edited several config files for different reasons, I've had to do this in three environments, DEV, TEST, UAT. The fun will start when I attempt to migrate my MRE and WORP components to PROD, where I do not have access to directories.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at using Group views. Would it be possible to control what a group of users is able to access within a domain by using different Public views for each user group? I believe with Public views you can specify that the user not have the PERSONALIZE link.

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
The Public View is not a Group View. And I think there's only one Public View per WebFOCUS server.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at TM 4624 - MRE Repository filter document. I think you will be able to accomplish what you need.

I have deployed it in our environment and we use an Oracle table to control access.

Guru
posted Hide Post
awbradley,

What version of WebFOCUS are you running? There is a new feature in 7.6.9 that allows you to create a domain but not display it.

So, you can create a domain called CommonFiles and put your reports in there.

Then, you create a domain for each distinct collection of users (ClientDomain1 and ClientDomain2 for example).

Create your MRE user groups and give those groups access to their own domain and the common domain. So, ClientGroup1 will have access to ClientDomain1 and CommonFiles. Similarly, ClientGroup2 will have access to ClientDomain2 and CommonFiles.

Now you can add content blocks in each domain and populate them from the CommonFiles domain. If you want to put reports in their Standard Reports folder you just need to create a 'shell' report that had a -INCLUDE statement that calls a report from CommonFiles.

Setting it up this way there is no way a member of Domain1 will see anything from Domain2 and vice-versa.

Hope this helps,

Dan

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post