Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Security Question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Security Question
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
For MR Security Settings we use

SiteMinder for Authentication and SQL Server 2005 for Authorization.

Anytime I add/modify/delete a user throught the WF UI, I need to clear the cache in the Webfocus Administration Console on the client for the changes to take affect.

When I do clear the cache and if a user is logged into Dashboard or MRE, if in Dashboard they get an "Error code is: 1001 could not get error message" or in MRE they get "Error_MR_NO_REPOSITORY_FILE"

Has anyone else experianced this before? We are on 7.7.01.

Could I have something setup wrong? I do have a case open.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Matt,
Do you have a single WebFOCUS Client, or do you have multiple WebFOCUS Client's in a cluster?

Assuming you have a single WebFOCUS Client, that is not the proper behavior. Logging into the Managed Reporting Admin Console and updating a user should take effect immediately for the WebFOCUS Client you are logged into.

Only when you have a clustered environment should you need to log into the WebFOCUS Admin Console and click "Clear Cache", or alternatively, turn off caching withing:

WF Admin Console -> Configuration -> MR Security Settings -> Advanced.

Even then, I've never seen it give errors when clearing the cache and someone is logged in. That doesn't sound right.

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I now have the same error, but for different reasons. I created a master file to parse an .htm file in the basedir (actually, a sub dir from basedir) and ran a fex that was supposed to do something similar. I can't seem to locate the thread, but it was quite old.

I have Cleared Cache from the Admin panel, "hard" cleared the Tomcat cache by renaming the C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\work\Catalina\localhost directory and restarting the Tomcat service both with no effect.

The net effect is that I am able to run nothing from my development server via MRE but I am able to use the Command Console to run the same code. Error in MRE is "Error code is: 1001Could not get error message"

Any ideas?

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
ABT,
Are you saying that you are manually updating the basedir HTM files using a FEX?

Master
posted Hide Post
No, read only.

It was a posting with code to parse the directory's HTM file to grab the useful bits like the last update date, 'prompt for variables' flag, 'show in user list' flag etc. There were 2 threads in the post, one as a master file approach, one as a FEX. One seems to have affected me negatively.

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If clearing the cache and restarting Tomcat did not fix the issue, then the HTM files must have somehow been modified.

Whatever files you were trying to mount I would either restore to an earlier date if you have backups and restart, or compare against a good file and see if you can find any inconsistencies.

I couldn't tell you if your FEX broke the HTM, or the type of lock that the read action put on the HTM caused problems with WebFOCUS processing, but something must have been changed instead of only read.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I should have updated this post. The problem started for me in 7.6.8, so as we upgraded to 7.7.01, I continued to clear the cache in 7.7 as just of more of a habit since changes were not taking in 7.6.8.

Working with support in 7.7, it wasn't necessary to clear the cache for changes to work.

Could have been several reasons as to why it did not work in 7.6.8, but since I do not have that version anymore, I cannot test it.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlogan:
If clearing the cache and restarting Tomcat did not fix the issue, then the HTM files must have somehow been modified.

I had my SysAdmin restore my personal user.htm files and all seems to be right. Thanks everyone!

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases: