Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Anyone know where to find site.wfs documentation?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Anyone know where to find site.wfs documentation?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hi all,

Scenario: Need to run a fex before any other item runs within a specific domain under Domains/Content node. So, for instance, user A wants to run a report under a Sales domain. They hit Run on the report, but a fex we set up runs before it does every time specific to the domain this report sits in.

I've been browsing the forums, etc. and am seeing that something could be done via the site.wfs file to set this type of behavior up. Not sure where to find documentation on syntax for writing conditionals, etc. therein. Anyone find docs on this file? It's known to GUI peeps as Custom Settings within the Admin Console.

Thanks for any help!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think you should be able to find what you're looking for in the "WebFOCUS Security and Administration" manual, available online at the Tech Support site: https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...Ls/TL_sec/opener.htm.

If you need to do this for specific domains only, you will need to add parameters that are passed to the fex executed by site.wfs - "Managed Reporting Internal Variables"...

In the days before WebFOCUS 8, each domain had a profile fex - executed each time a fex ran from the domain. I don't know if this still exists in WF 8.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Thanks for pointing me to what IBI does have documentation-wise for end users. I do have a handful of MR Internal Variables set up in the site.wfs file. I guess we could manually add conditionals inside our report procedures to check what IBIMR_folder the report is being ran from and cause other code to run based on that. I was hoping we didn't have to add code to all content created from within a specific domain every time we create something; and that it would just be an automatic thing that happens for everything ran therein.

I found a thread that showcased code with conditional statements used within site.wfs as seen below:

_HTML_COMMENT_VAR=CGI gened on &_cgi_gen_var\n

<if> IBIMR_action EQ "MR_SIGNON"
  TRESULT = LOOKUPVALUE
  TPATH = &IBI_DOCUMENT_ROOT/config/ibi_sample_exit.txt
  <call> getKeyValue(IBIMR_user, TRESULT, TPATH)
  <if> RETCODE EQ "0"
    httpsession = _dbapassword
    <call> CopyWFVarToSessionVar(LOOKUPVALUE,httpsession)
  <endif>
<else>
    wfvar = DBAPASS
    httpsession = _dbapassword
    <call> CopySessionVarToWFVar(httpsession,wfvar)
    <if> RETCODE NE "0"
      DBAPASS=ERROR
    <endif>
<endif>

I'm hoping there's a mix of WFS Commands and WF Client variables that will allow us to conditionally run specific custom site.wfs files of code based on domain up front.

Thanks again!

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was hoping we didn't have to add code to all content created from within a specific domain every time we create something

I'm not sure what you mean by that. With the MRE parameters activated, they would be available to the site.wfs fex - you wouldn't have to add code anywhere else. This *also* goes for the profile.fex method - if it still exists. (I am in a v7.7.05 world so I've blanked out on newer environments).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Maybe I wasn't seeing things clearly as of yet. Still looking into things. May think there's more to it that there is as of yet. Trying to clear the cobwebs. haha Thanks Francis!

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We used to use the _site_profile setting whereby a designated fex (in baseapp on the reporting server) is run every time someone hits the "run" button. We checked for what domain the report was in by checking the value of IBIMR_domain (it may be IBIMR_folder now, as you've mentioned). If something was being run out of a specific domain we set some variables, otherwise, -EXIT. Look for _site_profile in the Security manual. I haven’t tried this in version 8 as we have no need for it any longer.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Thanks for your input! Will do. Do you by chance have an example of your logic to test for what domain things are ran from?

Expert
posted Hide Post
From the documentation:

quote:
Managed Reporting Internal Variables
There are several variables related to Managed Reporting processing that you can pass to the
Reporting Server. This may be useful for controlling processing flow or for display purposes in
the report output. You can do this by configuring the variable (pass) commands in the
Administration Console. Useful variables include:

- IBIMR_folder. The folder where the processed report is stored.
- IBIMR_fullpath. The complete path for a procedure, including file name and extension.
- IBIMR_user. The user ID processing the report request.
- IBIMR_domain. The domain HREF where the report being processed is stored.
- MR_FULL_FEXNAME. The description given to the report by the developer. This description
is visible to users. When the report is run from the text editor or InfoAssist+, the variable is
not populated.
- MR_ITEM_HANDLE. The file name (also known as the IBFS name) assigned to the report
when it was created. When the report is run from the text editor or the Report canvas in
App Studio, the variable is set to ADHOCRQ.

Add this to the Custom Settings:

<SET> IBIMR_folder (pass)
<SET> IBIMR_fullpath (pass)
<SET> IBIMR_user (pass)
<SET> IBIMR_domain (pass)
<SET> MR_FULL_FEXNAME (pass)
<SET> MR_ITEM_HANDLE (pass)

Read the documentation for this example: Using Managed Reporting Internal Variables.

In the program that is executed from site.wfs, you should be able to test the parameter &IBIMR_domain.

Pseudo-code:

-IF NOT &IBIMR_domain IN ('APPLE', 'BANANA') GOTO END_SITE_WFS_FEX;

-TYPE WE'RE IN!
-* AND DO WHATEVER

-END_SITE_WFS_FEX

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Thank you for your post. I have had those items added into my Custom Settings already, and we've used them for several years now. The part I'm missing a beat on is where/what syntax I can use within the site.wfs/Custom Settings file/area. Are you saying I can paste in Dialog Manager lines right into the Custom Settings area? If that's the case, then that would solve my issue I think. I though only WF Script Commands were allowed therein. Doesn't specify too well in the Sec. & Admin Manual what is allowed from what I've read over. Our IBI tech rep said that everything you guys are talking about existing before 8.0 still exists in 8.0+. May need to get with him again soon to clarify things and get some additional help. Thanks though!

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We set up _site_profile to run a fex called primetime.fex (located in baseapp). If the domain is ‘sales’ and it’s not Saturday or Sunday and if it’s between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:00 pm, set PASS to what we needed (this example was used for setting DBA Security). I don’t know what version 8 will spit out for IBIMR_domain values but sales/sales.htm is what it looked like in version 7.

SET &ECHO=ALL;
-DEFAULT &IBIMR_domain = 'x';

-IF &IBIMR_domain = 'sales/sales.htm' GOTO CHECKDATE;

-GOTO NOEFFECT;

-CHECKDATE

-SET &CURDOW=DOWK(&YYMD,'A3');
-SET &CURDOWNUM=DECODE &CURDOW (SUN 1 MON 2 TUE 3 WED 4 THU 5 FRI 6 SAT 7 ELSE 99);
-IF &CURDOWNUM = '7' OR '1' GOTO NOEFFECT;

-SET &CHKDAY = TODAY/YYMD = &YYMD;
-SET &C_DATE_TIME = HGETC(10, 'HYYMDm');
-SET &A_DATE_TIME = HCNVRT(&C_DATE_TIME, '(HYYMDm)', 30, 'A30');
-SET &A_TIME = EDIT(&A_DATE_TIME, '$$$$$$$$$$$99999999');
-IF &A_TIME GE '07:00:00' AND &A_TIME LE '18:00:00' GOTO INPRIMETIME;

-GOTO NOEFFECT;

-INPRIMETIME
SET PASS = primetime
-RUN
-GOTO NOWHERE;

-NOEFFECT
SET PASS = noeffect
-RUN

-NOWHERE
-EXIT

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Thank you for chiming in and for your example code. After digging around a bit more I figured things out a bit better. This is very helpful. Thank you!