Focal Point
[SOLVED by case] OLAP drop-down value limits

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/962108352

September 30, 2009, 10:57 AM
Dan_Bam
[SOLVED by case] OLAP drop-down value limits
There seems to be some limitation on the number of values that can be displayed in a OLAP filter drop-down. I thought that I saw a solution by Alan B to the question when asked by Jason K, but his solution was a link to a document that I couldn't open. Now I can't even find that post. Has anyone found a way around this limitation?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.65
UNIX
October 09, 2009, 12:19 PM
Kerry
Hi Dan,

A quick search didn't turn up any posted limitations, but what is the problem you are encountering? Are you getting errors? More information will help us better understand your question/problem.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
October 13, 2009, 09:58 AM
Dan_Bam
The problem that I am encountering is that when I enter the drop-down it only displays a subset of the values (i.e. accounts) that are in there. At times I can type in a number “5” that is the start of an account farther down in the list (i.e. 5103) and it will jump to “5000”, but if I scroll down the numbers end in the 1000’s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Webfocus 7.65
UNIX
October 19, 2009, 04:20 PM
Kerry
Hi Dan,

I spoke with our internals and was suggested that you should open a case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services for assistance. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
October 21, 2009, 09:23 AM
Dan_Bam
After submitting a case with IBI, here is what they suggested and it appears to work:

This issue is resolved in version 766. Please also note you have this case marked at 765, but your configuration indicates you are running 762.

Currently, a technique exists for WebFOCUS where an edit can be made to the ibiapplets.txt file and change a line from
BY &SORTORDER &MAX_RECORDS to BY &SORTORDER. This edit removes the
limitation for the number of entries. See 91331148 for the technique.

Webfocus 7.65
UNIX