Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Active Reports- Limitations?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Active Reports- Limitations?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi
I am trying to use Active Reports component in WebFOCUS 7.1.4. Before I go ahead into report development, I just wanted to check whether any limitation exists WRT using Active Reports in WebFOCUS. for eg. is there any limit to the no. of rows/recordsets which can be displayed in if we use this feature?
Any related content/material would be of great help.

Warm Regards
Syed
Wroking on WebFOCUS 7.1.4 through Citrix

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio

Posts: 189 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Syed

Check tm4625 on the ibi support site, which covers active reports and limitations You will have to log on.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Alan
That was indeed very useful. Thanks for your prompt response!

Regards
Syed

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I discussed this issue at Summit with some technicians and found that the number of rows in the latest version also in IE has been increased to 20K.
They showed us a lot of other interesting improvements.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Frank
Just found your post as I was not accessing my inbox all this time. This is good news for people working on Active Reports component. Can you share any document/website where we can find the rest of the improvements which you mentioned in your post?

Regards
Syed
Working on WF 7.1.4

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Syed

that's a bit difficult, I think your local sales rep can help you in this much better.

Frank

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank
No issues. I'll try lay my hands on some material.
1 small query- Can we avoid showing (or somehow suppress) the 1st two rows which come as default sections in the Active Reports, i.e.
File.......View
n of n records (Page 1 of 1).

Regards
Syed

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Syed

I don't know, I have seen the product and played a bit with is, but these details ???

In fact you can do the same things on building the report as you can in a normal HTML report but now save it as a AHTML.
Can you suppress the first two lines in a normal HTML report? I do not think so.....

Frank

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

We are on 7.7.02 now and wondering whats the limitation for Active report in terms of volume or no.of records it can handle in 7.7.02?

WF 7.7.02 on Windows 7
Teradata
HTML,PDF,EXCEL,AHTML

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Are the limitations of Active report documented anywhere?

WF 7.7.02 on Windows 7
Teradata
HTML,PDF,EXCEL,AHTML

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The active report will be very slow if the number of records are more than around 250.

Regards,
Cyril Joy.

WF Production 8008 on Linux.

Posts: 143 | Location: Rochester,NY. | Registered: August 20, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
when using active reports the used browser is important, but also your computer memory.

IE can handle much less records compared to Firefox.

Frank