Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Placing a default value in the Calendar Field

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Placing a default value in the Calendar Field
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Good morning my fellow friends,

How do you place a default value in the Calendar field. Right now the field has a default value, but it is not shown. I would like the value shown, so the user can know what date range they are viewing.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: QuickLearner,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There are multiples ways to do it and it also depend on the way your calendar is provided. But you can enter a value in the "Value" property of the control or in the "Selected Value" of the popup "Properties and settings" window when it's a Static data type calendar.

Please do WF basic courses (it takes 2 days and will save you a lot of time) or at least search on Tech Support; many of your answers are there. And don't be the lazy student of the class that don't want to do his homework...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'm on a role learning this stuff from you guys. I'm about to be Fluent in this language in about a month. The best way to learn is hands on. As long as I can Articulate what is wrong I can always find an answer. That's what makes the greats great. If you cannot articulate what is wrong, then I recommend you taking the class. But I know so many programming languages and they all have some similiarities, so I can articulate what is taking place.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm about to be Fluent in this language in about a month.

I do feel that you may have exaggerated your abilities, or seriously underestimated the breadth and scope of WebFOCUS, and how to use it to best effect.

There are many people on this Forum with over 20 years solid experience using FOCUS and WebFOCUS day in and day out; also most with a background in other languages. They may consider themselves pretty fluent in the language, as I do. But almost every day there are new discoveries made that challenge us and frustrate us, sometimes to the extreme.

These are the people who try and help others like yourself and are the people who actually understand what the language is, how it works and how to ensure that their code is tight and efficient and worthy of their name. It is this knowledge that gives them a deserved confidence and ability with FOCUS and WebFOCUS.

If I may make a comparison. You have just learnt how to order a beer and say thank you in a different language.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B:
quote:
I'm about to be Fluent in this language in about a month.

I do feel that you may have exaggerated your abilities, or seriously underestimated the breadth and scope of WebFOCUS, and how to use it to best effect.

There are many people on this Forum with over 20 years solid experience using FOCUS and WebFOCUS day in and day out; also most with a background in other languages. They may consider themselves pretty fluent in the language, as I do. But almost every day there are new discoveries made that challenge us and frustrate us, sometimes to the extreme.

These are the people who try and help others like yourself and are the people who actually understand what the language is, how it works and how to ensure that their code is tight and efficient and worthy of their name. It is this knowledge that gives them a deserved confidence and ability with FOCUS and WebFOCUS.

If I may make a comparison. You have just learnt how to order a beer and say thank you in a different language.

HaHa. Funny. My mentality is if your going to dream, why not dream BIG!!! Greate comparison though!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Personally I don't think it's funny at all, which is why I decline to participate in any questions from QuickLearner. Cockiness is not a becoming characteristic ....

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I gave a chance to the runner but it seems that it doesn't pay.

As many other who haven't expressed themselves or have been less tolerant then have been, I will not participate anymore in QuickLearner discussions :
quote:
Cockiness is not a becoming characteristic ....

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I said the above comment as a JOKE! Are you guys really that serious. You guys took this where it did not need to go. If you choose not to answer anymore of my questions on the basis of this JOKE, then so be it and I choose not to be associated with people who cannot take a joke!!! There are plenty of others on this board who can take a joke and who will be willing to help me!!! Peace

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
A guy who calls himself "QuickLerner" thinks he can learn WebFocus in 60 days? With an attitude like that? BTW, I didn't think it was that funny, either.

Checking his profile, he has been a member on this board since the middle of October. 2 weeks and he already has over 60 posts! I guess his new contract has got him in a real bind.

I have no problem with new WebFocus developers asking questions. But, folks who think they can short-circuit the learning curve by posing basic questions and expecting answers from seasoned, experienced developers "Free of Charge" are easy to spot.

Let me put it another way, if you are an inexperienced WebFocus developer, with no access to training or manuals, with no ability to perform searches here or on Google, well, heh, heh, bless your heart. I guess companies get what they pay for.

Anyway, we can spot these blokes 99% of the time, and, yet, time and again, I see professionals (including those who've posted already to this thread) patiently trying to help them. These wisened sages have helped so many over the years and I have only the deepest respect for them.

My suggestion for you, QuickLerner, with no sarcasm and every intention to teach you to fish, buy a manual, buy some training, search the forum...more than once, and then post your questions.

David

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DavSmith,

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have been posting alot. I ask a lot of questions. I'm highly eager to learn!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
My two cents. Keep learning. Pay for some classes and books. I learn stuff here and I've got more than 30 years into this product. And I still get my company to send me to classes and to Summit. This forum tends to to be for the hard stuff and the tricky stuff. And people are more than willing to help. Just do your homework first. This isn't the first stop on solving something and we're not here to write your code for you.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 (Someday 8)
Windows 7, All Outputs
In Focus since 1983.

Expert
posted Hide Post

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis, you made laugh..yes, indeed...LOL!

"Where's the Gravy?"

Happy Haloween, to all!

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post