Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dashboard login

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dashboard login
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I'm trying to do a single signon login from html/asp page to BID to a specific domain.

Here's what I tried:
Response.Redirect("/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_USER="&WORP_USER&"&WORP_PASS="&WORP_PASS&"&IBIWF_language=en&WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=worp_login&WORP_MPV="&WORP_MPV)

But it's not working. It opens the following page:

Error Number 19105
Severity Error
Description Login failed.
Generator Class ibi.worp.cgi.WORP_CGICommunicator

Possible causes ibi.mrcgi.IBICGIErrorException: ERROR_MR_NO_DOMAIN_FILE

Actions Verify that user ID and password are correct. Try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Public Views | Group Views | Login | Index

I can't find possible values for that WORP_REQUEST_TYPE. I don't even know if the worp_login is correct!

Any ideas?

Elisa

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.1.3 on Win 2003/IIS 6/ Atlanta / MVS

posted Hide Post
I forgot to say: I'm using WF 7.1.3

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
EK,

We spent about a month on single sign-on (with a pack of consultants - conference-calls to the US) , we gave up on it eventually

So if someone has a way to do single sign-on properly , keep me posted please

P.

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Response.Redirect("/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_USER="&WORP_USER&"&WORP_PASS="&WORP_PASS&"&IBIWF_language=en&WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=worp_login&WORP_MPV="&WORP_MPV)

What does the URL of the redirected page look like? Did the amper values get replaced?

This is one of my WebFOCUS 5.3.2 BID Login forms:

<FORM ACTION="/ibi_apps/Controller" METHOD="post" NAME="userform">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="IBIWF_language" VALUE="en">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="WORP_MPV"  VALUE="public">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="groupName"  VALUE="null">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="WORP_REQUEST_TYPE"  VALUE="WORP_LOGIN">

<center>
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0">
  <TR><TD STYLE="height: 40px;"></TD></TR>
  <TR><TD colspan="2" class="ScreenTitle">WebFOCUS Login</TD></TR>
  <TR><TD STYLE="height: 40px;"></TD></TR>
  <tr>
    <td nowrap class="FormLabel" align="left">User ID</td>
    <td nowrap>
      <INPUT MAXLENGTH=256 NAME="WORP_USER" SIZE=20 VALUE="" class="FormObject" style="width:75px;"></td>
  </tr>

<tr>
    <td nowrap class="FormLabel" align="left">Password</td>
    <td nowrap>
      <INPUT maxLength=256 NAME="WORP_PASS" TYPE="password" VALUE="" SIZE=20  class="FormObject" style="width:75px;">
  </tr>

<TR><TD STYLE="height: 20px;"></TD></TR>

<tr>
    <td nowrap align="center" colspan="2">
<input type="submit" class="FormButton" value="Submit">

<input type="reset"  class="FormButton" value="Reset"></TD>
  </TR>
</table>
</FORM>

(I think groupName in this form is not WORP related).

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In 7.14, the following is the required query string:

/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_GBV_VERIFY&IBIWF_language=en&WORP_USER=dhagen&WORP_MPV=ab_gbv&WORP_PASS=password&groupName=default

There seems to be some differences between yours and mine.

As far as SSO, what was the problem? I been involved with at least 4 SSO/Bid projects in the past ... all successful.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi dhagen and others,

Thanks for your answers! I tried dhagen's url but the result was the same. It's not working. Is it because we have 7.1.3, not 7.1.4? By the way we are still using New Atlanta.

But there's still some progress here! My present url is like this:
Response.Redirect("/ibi_apps/bid-login?IBIWF_language=en").

In order to prevent the 19105 error I add the following line under internal var section in bid-config.xml (ibi\WebFOCUS71\worp\conf\)

If the user has only one group then it's working as I want!

If the user has more groups then he/she have to select the right group from the Group Views and My View page. That's not the perfect solution but it's working anyway. I still continue to investigate how to skip this group view list. Let me know if you have any good ideas!

posted Hide Post
The missing quote from the las messge is here:
internal-var name="doTrustedSignon" value="true"

Elisa

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
EK,

Thats were our problems started , picking the right view per user , instead of getting all the views .

P.

I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

posted Hide Post
Hi Pete,

Sounds promising Sweating

I reassinged one group as a default group in Dashboard Manage Users view but I can't see any influence from that change.

-Elisa

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Information Builders has promissed me single sing on should work in version 7.6
I hope it will work.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If one user is in multiple groups you cannot have the user automatically login to one view - you cannot choose a default view to login to.

If the users belong to only one group, you can customize the behaviour post-login.

Take a look at "Directing Users to a Group Upon Login" in the MRE Admin manual. I have used this procedure in my humble WF 5.3.2 environments. I've looked at the 7.1 manual and the available options don't look different.
quote:

Directing Users to a Group View Upon Login
You can setup login so that when a user enters their ID and password they are
automatically logged into a Group View of Dashboard or to a window where they can view
the group views that are available to them (if there are multiple views).
Procedure: How to Select a Group View Upon Login
1. Back up the file /ibi/WebFOCUS71/worp/conf/bid-config.xml.
2. Open bid-config.xml using a text editor.
3. Search for the string “login-success”. You will see the following code:
< !-- Configure this redirect to go to a different page than
Dashboard's default upon successful login
-->
<response-redirect request-context="login-success">
<context-redirect url="&JSP;/WORP_LoginSuccess.jsp"/>
< !--<context-redirect url="&JSP;/performance_management_framework/
WORP_MultiViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp"/>-->
< !--<context-redirect url="&JSP;/performance_management_framework/
WORP_SingleViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp"/>-->
</response-redirect>
4. By default, the context-redirect parameter points to the WORP_LoginSuccess.jsp. To
have:
❏ A Views page appear upon login, remove the comments (“< !--” and “-->”) before
and after the “context-redirect” section that contains the URL for
WORP_MultiViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp.
❏ The user automatically logged into a group view without having to select the view,
remove the comments (“< !--” and “-->”) before and after the “context-redirect”
section that contains the URL for
WORP_SingleViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp.
Note: If you use this option all users must be a member of only one group,
otherwise an error occurs when they log in. If a user is not a member of any
group, they also get an error when they log in.

5. Add comments to the original context-redirect line, so that it looks like this:
< !--<context-redirect url="&JSP;/WORP_LoginSuccess.jsp"/>-->
To have a user automatically logged into a group view
(WORP_SingleViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp), your code should look
like this:
< !-- Configure this redirect to go to a different page than
Dashboard's default upon successful login
-->
<response-redirect request-context="login-success">
< !--<context-redirect url="&JSP;/WORP_LoginSuccess.jsp"/>-->
< !--<context-redirect url="&JSP;/
performance_management_framework/
WORP_MultiViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp"/>-->
<context-redirect url="&JSP;/
performance_management_framework/
WORP_SingleViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp"/>
</response-redirect>
6. Close and save bid-config.xml.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
we use that procedure too, francis

and what you say is completely correct , but in combination with single sign-on within another intranet application , we had to use portlets , and thats where it completely goes wrong .

We had to abandon the whole idea of single sign-on , because

1. We weren't able to get the right view , without getting the window displaying all the available views ( even if it was just one , you still got the window) , and secondly the look and feel was quite different than what we had using the dashboard standalone

Im a huge fan of the IBI dashboard , but single signon from another intranet application and having to go through the portlets is ****.

P.

-Jim Morrison-

posted Hide Post
Hi,

Our single signon is working fine with those users who belons to only one group. They 'jump' direct to the dashboard group view from our intranet page which is an ASP page.

The only thing I changed to that bid-config.xml is this new line:
internal-var name="doTrustedSignon" value="true"
The option worp_singleViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp was already selected.

If the user has more than one group they have to select the right one from the list.
But still no error messages. Just an extra page and extra click... So it's working but not how I want to. Dashboard is a new tool for us. At the beginning our end users has only one group. So the problem is not so big.

-Elisa

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
EK,

on this url you'll find a doc of all the customisations we have done to our dashboard maybe it can help you in some way

P.

http://www.edataltd.co.uk/customizewebfocusdashboard.doc

-Jim Morrison-

posted Hide Post
Hi,

Wow, you have documentation! Nice.
I'll look at it.

-Elisa

Expert
posted Hide Post
Pete, thanks for sharing that document.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
And many thanks to Tony A, for putting my document on his website , so that it could accessed easily

I like to think that it is an ongoing document , so if any of you dashboard addicts have any more tips or tricks you can always PM them to me , so that i can add them to the document .

P.

-Jim Morrison-

Expert
posted Hide Post
Pete,

A pleasure, and you're most welcome.

Send me the updated document when you have one and I will replace the one on my website.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We are moving to 7.6 in about 2 months , i'm sure that it will have a few new suprises in store for us , i know they have a new domain tree interface , im curious how well our customized one holds up in the new dashboard.

Let's hope for the best

P.

-Jim Morrison-

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I've tried what the manual suggested...I modified the bid-config.xml as instructed (goToPersonalViewOnLogin set to "false") but it's still taking the user to the General Public View. User is a member of a single group and should be automatically logged into this group view. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something? Do I need to restart the server or something?

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

posted Hide Post
Hi, I hit the following error, whenever I tried to access this link "http://webserver:8080/ibi_apps/", I won't have problem if access "http://webserver:8080/ibi_apps/welcome.jsp", it was working fine previously, but recently it show me this error message, can anyone help me on this?

type Status report

message /ibi_apps/

description The requested resource (/ibi_apps/) is not available.

From Seek Wai

WebFOCUS 76
Windows, all output

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Seekwai,
I'd open up a case for assistance, or at least make your own thread. Typically if you can't find ibi_apps, its because the context didn't load right. The reason for this should be in the stdout of your application server.

Thanks,
Doug

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Mac, you might have to recyle your webserver... (iplanet or tomcat) to make your change take effect.

What we do here is have a public view, period.
the public view is a fex-generated launch page with links to all the other views...at least to all the views that the user has access to.
we've nuked the 'views' menu option from that public view.
The fex reads the mre repository files and the /WebFOCUS76/worp/conf/mpv.xml (using a brilliant method from Francis Mariani) to figure out who you are and what views you have access to, and then displays some very nice links to each view, with explanations and bells&whistles.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,Doug,

Sorry for the wrong posting on the incorrect thread, I'm still new to this forum and I'm new to Apache tomcat also. As I check through the related xml files(web.xml,ibi_apps.xml) and also the application folder, they all in the correct locations and the WAR file is there also. And If the context is incorrect, then the folders and files under "ibi_apps" shouldn't be accessible also, but now it seems like, it can't load the index file inside the folder, any idea what the possible error that cause it. For your info, I just had IWay server install into the same server also, would it be the possible cause of the error?

From Seek Wai

quote:
Originally posted by dlogan:
Seekwai,
I'd open up a case for assistance, or at least make your own thread. Typically if you can't find ibi_apps, its because the context didn't load right. The reason for this should be in the stdout of your application server.

Thanks,
Doug

WebFOCUS 76
Windows, all output

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Seekwai,

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\logs\

That is where your logs are for Tomat.

stdout will likely have the error, and the catalina log might also indicate why the context wouldn't load.

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post