Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Syntax for a collection or array

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Syntax for a collection or array
 Login/Join

posted
Not sure on the correct terminology for the WF environment but is there a way to specify multiple items for one parameter?

For example what would be the correct syntax to do this?
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=PERMIT_AGENCY, WRAP=2.5, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=PERMIT_STATUS, WRAP=2.5, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=PERMIT_SUBMIT_DATE, WRAP=2.5, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=PERMIT_ETA_DATE, WRAP=2.5, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=PERMIT_APPROVED_DATE, WRAP=2.5, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=PERMIT_EXPIRED_DT, WRAP=2.5, $

To:
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=( PERMIT_AGENCY PERMIT_STATUS PERMIT_ETA_DATE PERMIT_APPROVED_DATE PERMIT_EXPIRED_DT ), WRAP=2.5, $

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you do
TYPE=REPORT, WRAP=2.5, $

Everything on the report will be wrap to 2.5. But it's probably not what you're looking for.

You can do
TYPE=DATA, WRAP=2.5, $

This will only wrap the data part of the report to 2.5. Not the titles, the header and so on.
But to apply the same styling to only few column using one single styling command, I don't think that it's possible the way you are thinking of.
You may use a loop to apply the styling but you will need to know the exact column position (N1, N2, ...) and they must not change. Otherwise your styling will be applied to another column.

But as usual, there always be a possible solution in WF that I may not think of.
Someone else may have an idea...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw in another post where they did background=( rgb() rgb() rgb() ) but that didn't work for columns.

The looping could come in handy for positions when setting the background colors. I have multiple columns coming from different systems grouped together with a different bgcolor for each system. Do you have an example of the looping to set a style on the cells in order like that?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SEATS
    DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
-REPEAT STYLSET FOR &I FROM 2 TO 4
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N&I,
     STYLE=BOLD,
     SIZE=12,
     COLOR=RGB(217 137 17),
$
-STYLSET
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post