Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Column reference with COMPUTE after ACROSS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Column reference with COMPUTE after ACROSS
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Somehow, I just cannot figure out what is happening here. It's somewhat a matter of counting columns and referring to them in macros and stylesheets. Below, I have some code where the first two macros work perfectly (macros FUTURE & MISS). But the 3rd macro (TOL) in line does not apply conditional formatting. Again, this is referencing computed fields after an across. I believe I have the proper columns referenced for the macro "TOL". I know that N9 (VALID_OPN_DT_MAX) is the field I want formatting applied. I believe C15 (TOL_MAX_OPN_DT_FLG) is the computed field that is used in the macro.

Note: there are always two possible values in the across value of AS_OF_DT. That's why I want the 2nd across value of VALID_OPN_DT_MAX to get the conditional formatting.

Any help referencing columns or applying macros would be appreciated. I just don't know why two work, but one does not. -BobV
Frowner

TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM
OPN_DT_MIN
OPN_DT_MAX
VALID_OPN_DT_MAX
FUTURE_DT_CNT/I8C
MISSING_DT_CNT/I8C
BY SOURCE
ACROSS AS_OF_DT
COMPUTE
FUTURE_DIFF/I8 = C11 - C4; NOPRINT
COMPUTE
MISSING_DIFF/I8 = C13 - C6; NOPRINT
COMPUTE
DIF_MAX_OPN_DT/I8 = DATEDIF(C9, '&TODAY', 'D'); NOPRINT
COMPUTE
TOL_MAX_OPN_DT_FLG/A1 = IF ( ( SOURCE EQ 'AFS' OR 'ICS' OR 'CLS' OR 'MTG' OR 'RLS' OR 'STL' OR 'TST' ) AND ( DIF_MAX_OPN_DT GT 31 ) ) THEN 1 ELSE IF ( ( SOURCE EQ 'ALS' OR 'CAM' OR 'DDA' OR 'LOC' OR 'MPS' OR 'PH3' OR 'SBA' OR 'TDA' ) AND ( DIF_MAX_OPN_DT GT 3 ) ) THEN ‘Y’ ELSE ‘N’;
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
PAGESIZE='Letter',
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
$
DEFMACRO=FUTURE,
MACTYPE=RULE,
WHEN=C11 NE 0,
$
DEFMACRO=MISS,
MACTYPE=RULE,
WHEN=C12 NE 0,
$
DEFMACRO=TOL,
MACTYPE=RULE,
WHEN=C15 EQ 'Y',
$
TYPE=REPORT,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
COLOR='BLACK',
STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N5,
COLOR='RED',
STYLE=BOLD,
MACRO=FUTURE,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N6,
COLOR='RED',
STYLE=BOLD,
MACRO=MISS,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N10,
COLOR='RED',
STYLE=BOLD,
MACRO=FUTURE,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N11,
COLOR='RED',
STYLE=BOLD,
MACRO=MISS,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N9,
COLOR='RED',
STYLE=BOLD,
MACRO=TOL,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Was not able actually figure out this problem, but did a work around to create a print field in my hold table that feeds report. Conditional styling works much better on printed fields versus computes after an ACROSS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobV,

WF (App Studio) 8.2.01m / Windows
Mainframe FOCUS 8

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is an error in the COMPUTE for TOL_MAX_OPN_DT_FLG. Change the digit 1 to an 'N' or 'Y' and see if that helps.

TOL_MAX_OPN_DT_FLG/A1 = IF ( ( SOURCE EQ 'AFS' OR 'ICS' OR 'CLS' OR 'MTG' OR 'RLS' OR 'STL' OR 'TST' ) AND ( DIF_MAX_OPN_DT GT 31 ) ) THEN 1 ELSE IF ( ( SOURCE EQ 'ALS' OR 'CAM' OR 'DDA' OR 'LOC' OR 'MPS' OR 'PH3' OR 'SBA' OR 'TDA' ) AND ( DIF_MAX_OPN_DT GT 3 ) ) THEN ‘Y’ ELSE ‘N’;

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post